• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forbidden Planet London

83 posts in this topic

Here's a list of the UK comic shops as they were in 1987....

Remember any....?

comicshops.jpg

House on the Borderland in Peterborough was my local comic shop when i was younger, i remember attending Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean signing Sandman 1-9 and also an Alan Moore signing as well.... the good old day, but i still couldn't afford most of what i wanted.....

Out of all the comic stores in central London, I'd say Orbital is the best. They have a pretty extensive amount of back issues and also have a fair few Silver and Bronze Age comics. They've got pretty much every issue of 1960s X-Men in stock right now. Or at least they did on Monday. Last time I went there a few weeks ago, they had lots of Silver and Bronze Age Amazing Spider-Man issues including 129. Pretty much all of them have gone now. In fact, AMS seems to be the shop's most in demand title. When looking in the longboxes, they didn't have a single issue from before 1990!

Outside of the centre, 30th Century Comics in Putney are definitely worth a visit. Not the biggest of shops (ground floor and a basement) but its absolutely crammed with comics from all eras. Over 50,000 in all and they have particular expertise in pre-1980 comics.