• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I'm surprised you don't have raw comics that have the keys on the cover in the frame as well...

That's a great idea.

:banana: sits back & waits for new pics before you stick a raw 9.8 #1 in the frame think about sending it to me first :roflmao:(shrug):banana:

You want a second print #1? hm

:roflmao:

I've got a raw first print on eBay :whistle:

I saw that and the 9.8 too.

(worship)

S-W-E-E-T! Will it get its own slot? Maybe if more show up? (which will probably be never).

NICE one-of-a-kind!

Never get it's own slot. That would open a large registry can of worms. Nice snag Jerel!

GLOD - Green Label of Death lol

As best explained on the website:

A Qualified label is used by CGC for certified books that have a significant defect that needs specific description, or to note an unauthenticated signature (one which was not witnessed by CGC). For example, it would be a disservice to the seller and buyer to call a VF/NM book with a 4-inch back cover tear a VG, so CGC will give this book a Qualified grade of "VF/NM 9.0, back cover 4-inch tear." Or, if the book is signed on the cover it may be noted as "Name Written on Cover."

S-W-E-E-T! Will it get its own slot? Maybe if more show up? (which will probably be never).

NICE one-of-a-kind!

Never get it's own slot. That would open a large registry can of worms. Nice snag Jerel!
Thanks Jeff. :acclaim:

I was glad it got glod myself. It would have been too tempting to add it, if it got a Universal Error Edition(sometimes they get 120 points :o ). It would have left voids in some sets and I didn't think that would be fair with a one of a kind book myself.

And having it in a GLOD is okay too... I'm not down on GLODs - there are a lot of those in the L&K set (signed editions).

But the cream of the crop has to be (for me anyway, SS girl) the Head Games #1 signed edition in SS gem mint. Can't get any sweeter than that for me.

And having it in a GLOD is okay too... I'm not down on GLODs - there are a lot of those in the L&K set (signed editions).

But the cream of the crop has to be (for me anyway, SS girl) the Head Games #1 signed edition in SS gem mint. Can't get any sweeter than that for me.

Mind you, this isn't the first Manufacturing Error variant from Locke & Key. The 2009 SDCC Head Games #4 slipcase variant had "ghowsting" on the bottom of it. But, my condrum is I have it in Gem Mint(and the normal one) and CGC won't give a Gem Mint a Qualified label. I pondered getting one in 9.8 a while back to put in a GLOD holder, but once you got a 1 in 100 Gem Mint all else pales.

How many appearances has the "Black Door" made, the one that Dodge searches for the Omega Key to open?

Here's one.

blackdoor11.jpg

hm

redrum.jpg

:taptaptap:

It made two appearances in L&K #2 and L&K #4 in Bode's nightmares.

hmA possible clue to where it is, since the father was always around in them and we know what he had in him that could open it.

NICE one-of-a-kind!

One last side note. It sat unbagged and boarded on the shelf for 7 months at Jetpack Comics and still got a 9.8. :o

I can tell you one thing. I check the embossed areas a lot now. lol

I got the only other COS #5(it was normal) there that day for UK Gary's budding L&K collection. :cloud9:

I'd like one but I'd only trust one buying from a comic shop... Even that makes me wonder though if cgc does not trust diamond then why should I ?.. lol

To me it's just another variant to collect. lol

When CGC graded the Signed Edition of Head Games #1 a SS book that was awesome beyond words to be able to own an official signed book in a Sig Series holder. It was like the CGC variant of the book. But, my collecting OCD makes me want to get a Universal Signed Edition too, with his name inside as that was the official Signed Edition book. :screwy:

The Green...

DSC05509.jpg

The other Green...

DSC028071.jpg

...and the AWESOME!

DSC098011.jpg

NICE one-of-a-kind!

One last side note. It sat unbagged and boarded on the shelf for 7 months at Jetpack Comics and still got a 9.8. :o

I can tell you one thing. I check the embossed areas a lot now. lol

I got the only other COS #5(it was normal) there that day for UK Gary's budding L&K collection. :cloud9:

Jerel is the man, because of him I managed to catch up on the series and it is now my favorite modern, I just wish I had the disposable income to start a CGC collection, especially before the TV buzz hits big time. If I can sell some of my books I my wife may allow me to get one or two in the near future :eek: that's pretty much how it is at the mo. :/