• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

FFS! It went up when I was at work :S probably the last person here to order one lol hello high numbered key :(

I was in class when the news hit, so I just bought my key. Perhaps mine will be in the 20s.

Edited by MadGenius

On the Skelton site, why does the Shadow key say Legacy Edition? I'm not aware of a previous make of it.

My theory...

All of the other keys (SDCC Ghost Key, Head Key, Echo Key, and Anywhere Key) are all limited editions. The original Ghost Key was limited to 200 pieces, the others were limited to 500 pieces. The Legacy Edition Ghost Key and now the Legacy Shadow Key are NOT limited, so theoretically they will always be in stock.

The SDCC ghost key was also limited to 500 pieces...

And I'm confused because the Shadow key states, "This officially licensed replica measures approx. 3-inches long" - where was the original distributed? I have an inquiry in to Israel.

You're right. The SDCC Ghost Key was limited to 500 pieces. Is it that only the first 200 are signed by Joe Hill? That number is stuck in my head regarding the Ghost Key for some reason.

(shrug) really ?.. everything else has been numbered so far .... I'm not really worried about the numbers since the key is the main thing but it is nice to get a low number for a change on something . Another key to hang on my wall ... Edited by synch

I like this news " I'll also have a lot more Locke & Key happenings. " :)

I can't wait for paw key lol

If you look at your Legacy Edition Ghost key, it is not numbered either because it is also not a limited production run. I believe that is why it is tagged with the word "Legacy".

Well I'll be!

doh! So this is the end of the numbering then eh ?. Interesting!

Edited by synch

Really awesome to see so many people happy about the Legacy Edition Shadow Key, and sorry if I've created some confusion. Legacy Edition is going to be the header whenever a key isn't confined to a limited run: the updated Ghost, the Shadow, the upcoming Hercules Key (formerly known as the Beast Key; Joe recently renamed it.)

But, definitely, I still plan to release limited, numbered keys in the mix. I'm leaning toward making the key that the squirrels were playing with in "February" as a Maine Comic Arts Festival exclusive in May. Considering doing the owl key from "February" after that. What would people think of those keys?

Really awesome to see so many people happy about the Legacy Edition Shadow Key, and sorry if I've created some confusion. Legacy Edition is going to be the header whenever a key isn't confined to a limited run: the updated Ghost, the Shadow, the upcoming Hercules Key (formerly known as the Beast Key; Joe recently renamed it.)

But, definitely, I still plan to release limited, numbered keys in the mix. I'm leaning toward making the key that the squirrels were playing with in "February" as a Maine Comic Arts Festival exclusive in May. Considering doing the owl key from "February" after that. What would people think of those keys?

:hi: Hi Israel!

I'll buy them all! :) These keys rock! When I saw Joe Hill last Wednesday - he was really excited to see someone with them too! :)

:hi: Hi Israel!

I'll buy them all! :) These keys rock! When I saw Joe Hill last Wednesday - he was really excited to see someone with them too! :)

+1 You have my money as well.

Long overdue presentation and public thank you to Jerel who makes my L&K set totally awesome. Thank you JEREL!!!!! You are the best!

L-Kgifts.jpg

Those look so awesome. I should be submitting some books next month. I'm really excited about it.

Jerel you rule!

I would have to look up pictures of what these look like ... Odds are I will simply just buy anything you guys put out though lol:)

I know I would like toe see the sword key, giant key ( a tiny version of it, not life sized), I also like the key with the wings on it & a omega key though may be you are saving that one for last ? so many random keys lately its hard to keep track of them and what they all do :D

& you already know I simply can not wait for the beast key! Or as I like to call it paw key lol Was it really called the Hercules Key ?.. I'd think that would have made more sense for the giant key or the key that makes you strong ! :D

Long overdue presentation and public thank you to Jerel who makes my L&K set totally awesome. Thank you JEREL!!!!! You are the best!

L-Kgifts.jpg

nice what is the one on the far left about ? Or have to do with joe ?.. I know why you have the other two...

Edited by synch

I think it would be fitting to save the Omega Key for last. I don't think anyone has mentioned the Gender Key yet. Highly underrated.

:gossip:I find that one rather creepy (shrug):roflmao:

I would have to look up pictures of what these look like ... Odds are I will simply just buy anything you guys put out though lol:)

I know I would like toe see the sword key, giant key ( a tiny version of it, not life sized), I also like the key with the wings on it & a omega key though may be you are saving that one for last ? so many random keys lately its hard to keep track of them and what they all do :D

& you already know I simply can not wait for the beast key! Or as I like to call it paw key lol Was it really called the Hercules Key ?.. I'd think that would have made more sense for the giant key or the key that makes you strong ! :D

L-Kgifts.jpg

nice what is the one on the far left about ? Or have to do with joe ?.. I know why you have the other two...

Doctor Who Classics #2 = 1st Locke & Key preview