• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Long overdue presentation and public thank you to Jerel who makes my L&K set totally awesome. Thank you JEREL!!!!! You are the best!

L-Kgifts.jpg

You're Welcome!

I gave all my spare Cape variants to all my Joe Hill fans/friends(sans one though. There was technical difficulties with the label Steve that I am gonna fix with my next submission. I thought you wouldn't mind to wait), who might enjoy them as much as I do. A huge thank you to Ralph, owner of Jetpack Comics, for hooking me up with some minty copies too. (worship)

Out of the three Doc Who Classics #2 in 9.8, I had graded. I gave the third one to the most worthy Dr. Who/L&K fan, that I know, knowing they would treasure it.

Really awesome to see so many people happy about the Legacy Edition Shadow Key, and sorry if I've created some confusion. Legacy Edition is going to be the header whenever a key isn't confined to a limited run: the updated Ghost, the Shadow, the upcoming Hercules Key (formerly known as the Beast Key; Joe recently renamed it.)

But, definitely, I still plan to release limited, numbered keys in the mix. I'm leaning toward making the key that the squirrels were playing with in "February" as a Maine Comic Arts Festival exclusive in May. Considering doing the owl key from "February" after that. What would people think of those keys?

:hi: Hi Israel!

I'll buy them all! :) These keys rock! When I saw Joe Hill last Wednesday - he was really excited to see someone with them too! :)

+1

nice what is the one on the far left about ? Or have to do with joe ?.. I know why you have the other two...

It's the second preview of L&K #1, with the spelling error. It ties with Dominatrix #6 that came out that week too. But, most and probably all Dominatrix #6's have severe scuffing on them preventing 9.8's. Cory Doctorow had the lowest print run anyway. Most people don't know it even exists. lol

I'm not collecting the previews. To me they are just advertisements anyway. It's lame to see them get added to sets. But, alot of Modern collectors collect them, so I didn't want to be felt left out(these are cool because the having spelling issues and experimented with Jay Fotos colors, making them more vivid than as muted). It's like owning a piece of an era pre-untested L&K that was rushed out too fast to catch all the editing mistakes. Plus, I wanted to set the record straight on what the actual first 'corrected' previews were, despite what eBay sellers claim(Speed Racer #1, Doctor Who #1, etc.) .

Doctor Who Classics #2 = 1st Locke & Key preview

Which reminds me, Found this at my LCS the other day

scan0013.jpg

Looks like a nice, gradable copy.

Awesome!

I have owned many, many, many of these and yours looks the best! Good luck if you grade it! (thumbs u

You're Welcome!

I gave all my spare Cape variants to all my Joe Hill fans/friends(sans one though. There was technical difficulties with the label Steve that I am gonna fix with my next submission. I thought you wouldn't mind to wait), who might enjoy them as much as I do. A huge thank you to Ralph, owner of Jetpack Comics, for hooking me up with some minty copies too. (worship)

:o :o :o

:luhv:

Jerel, you're the best!

You're Welcome!

:o :o :o

Jerel, you're the best!

:acclaim:

Out of the three Doc Who Classics #2 in 9.8, I had graded. I gave the third one to the most worthy Dr. Who/L&K fan, that I know, knowing they would treasure it.

You are too good to me Jerel. These have indeed found a good home in my Comic Cave.

TheCapevar.jpg

DrWhoClassic1.jpg

Thank you Jerel!

You are too good to me Jerel. These have indeed found a good home in my Comic Cave.

TheCapevar.jpg

DrWhoClassic1.jpg

Thank you Jerel!

(thumbs u

evilash do you own a jetpack ?

Yes, yes he does. He uses it to get up to his heavenly Walking Dead registry set.

lol

I wish!

No, I'm the "Steve" Jerel referenced, not the "Ralph" ;)