• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Every now and then we have insane moments, here's mine...

L&K #1 first print starting bid $0.99

Good Luck! This includes you Mike :)

No way this sells for less than $100. Right?

I would be amazed if it did. Cheryl is a strict grader, so this book would have had to be perfect if this hooked a ride with her Alpha Flights to Sarasota.

Fresh from CGC:

LK.jpg

Dude! :applause:awesome

Introducing the Locke family.

locke-and-key.jpg

Looking good! Not sure about bode though but I'm sure he will be alright . who are the two girls playing ?

:banana:

Edited by synch

Introducing the Locke family.

locke-and-key.jpg

Looking good! Not sure about bode though but I'm sure he will be alright . who are the two girls playing ?

Bode is definitely sporting the Danny Torrence look. Creepy nonetheless. lol

I think Kinsey(Sarah Bolger) is 'playing' up the Tom Baker Dr. Who look, instead of the 'Rasta' look. hm

can someone tell me is this a real cover ?.. Or just some kind of "stock" image ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOCKE-KEY-CROWN-SHADOWS-4-/290551818338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a63ce862

A widely used stock image. Was originally seen in the back of COS #3 promoting issue #4. The closest you will get to a Shadow Key cover will be the Jetpack Comics COS #1 cover.

As reported by Cheryllynn earlier...

Shia Labeouf is set to star as Iggy Parrish(the guy who wakes up one morning as the Devil and uses that power to solve his girlfriend's murder) in Horns. Think Hellboy meets The Crow.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/43210/joe-hill-sticks-horns-shia-labeouf

Could Iggy's first comic appearance in Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3's preview of Horns become a spinoff key down the road?

399sLarge.jpg

Who knows? But, you won't find it a trade.

Make sure you find the variant and blue and the grey tinted regular covers too. The grey came out first in limited quanties because of a delivery accident and the blue ones came out a couple weeks later to fill out the remaining orders. All first prints too.

The grey tinted symbiote-like background which had a print of 3,690 copies got out to certain regions first

February 2010 comic sales

...and the the blue tinted symbiote-like background that came out two weeks later had 3,859 copies printed.

March 2010 comic sales

COS399.jpg

COS3991.jpg

I would be amazed if it did. Cheryl is a strict grader, so this book would have had to be perfect if this hooked a ride with her Alpha Flights to Sarasota.

Haha ... i lost. :P

Guess someone really wanted it ...

The final price was a bargain. I'm shocked this didn't go over $100.

synch won it lol! He got it for a little less than our earlier negotiated price, but he won it fair and square. :)

The final price was a bargain. I'm shocked this didn't go over $100.

You always take chances when you start an auction at $.99. The last time I did this, the final price was $82. I think Brian has had better luck with the $$ received for his copies on eBay lately. It all depends on who's searching eBay at the time your auction is up.

What is a good price for a 9.8 special edition?

$30-40 for the regular cover. Variant cover is another story entirely. Considering a raw copy sold for over $200 on eBay not too long ago, I would think the price for a 9.8 should be in the $200-$250 range.

What is a good price for a 9.8 special edition?

$30-40 for the regular cover. Variant cover is another story entirely. Considering a raw copy sold for over $200 on eBay not too long ago, I would think the price for a 9.8 should be in the $200-$250 range.

The Special Edition variant sold for $225 raw and there are two more raws up with BIN prices lower than that and they have not sold. Again, it's all luck of having a buyer in the hunt at the time you have your auction up.