• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I think they're including Clockworks and the final mini series as the final 12 issues.

Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps Gabe will be doing a quick sketch on each of those 1:100 variants.

yes that makes sense looking at it again it just says "12 books left" but does not say anything about titles ! When I first looked I just assumed they meant 1-12 :D . DCBS has the autographed #1 up for around $12 & the 1:100 cover up for $50 (ouch) :roflmao: I ordered a autograph one from them just to be safe! I wonder if this 1:100 cover will be the next hard to find item ... I wonder how many of them they will make/print & how many LCS will actually order! Does anyone know any shop that actually orders in 100 locke & key books ?.. (shrug) The series is starting to get hot now but not quite tv series /walking dead hot yet

The byrne original sketch covers from IDW were selling for $125-$200, so I imagine $50 is a good investment for a Locke and Key.

I think they're including Clockworks and the final mini series as the final 12 issues.

Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps Gabe will be doing a quick sketch on each of those 1:100 variants.

yes that makes sense looking at it again it just says "12 books left" but does not say anything about titles ! When I first looked I just assumed they meant 1-12 :D . DCBS has the autographed #1 up for around $12 & the 1:100 cover up for $50 (ouch) :roflmao: I ordered a autograph one from them just to be safe! I wonder if this 1:100 cover will be the next hard to find item ... I wonder how many of them they will make/print & how many LCS will actually order! Does anyone know any shop that actually orders in 100 locke & key books ?.. (shrug) The series is starting to get hot now but not quite tv series /walking dead hot yet

The byrne original sketch covers from IDW were selling for $125-$200, so I imagine $50 is a good investment for a Locke and Key.

What were these ? :)

I remember reading something to that affect before they started filming the pilot, so I'm glad that hasn't changed. As I recall, someone got ahold of the pilot -script and said it contained most of the entire Welcome to Lovecraft arc. They are bound to deviate from the source material sooner rather than later because they'll run out of comics to adapt, but as long as the spirit is close to Joe's comics it shouldn't be a problem.

I wonder if this will be a 30 min show or 1 hour show ... & how many episodes per season lol ?.. 6 like the books ?.. That does seem pretty short!

It's a good bet to be an hour long show. I think it's standard for network shows to get 12 episodes right out of the gate with the option for more if the show proves successful. Most established shows get 18-22 episodes a year.

Edited by MadGenius

I wonder if this will be a 30 min show or 1 hour show ... & how many episodes per season lol ?.. 6 like the books ?.. That does seem pretty short!

I see a great potential for padding secondary character storylines(Jackie Veda's wealthy Native American family to Coach Ellie Whedon's middle-class broken household) to further solidify the main ones. Brinker Martin, this might be your big break! Don't screw up. lol

It's a good bet to be an hour long show. I think it's standard for network shows to get 12 episodes right out of the gate with the option for more if the show proves successful. Most established shows get 18-22 episodes a year.

Still only a pilot for now. Fox has to make a decision by May to increase the order. If we are lucky will get 12 more hour long episodes(the clock is ticking for the Fall season). If we are unlucky, they will still be unsure and decide to air it first against Wipe-Out and it flops. lol

wouldn't that suck if the pilot didn't make it ... lol

Always a possibility, but with the mainstream hype the pilot is receiving I would be very surprised if Fox didn't pick it up for the Fall season.

I have extra CGC 9.8 copies of Locke & Key (1st print) #1 and Signed Edition #1. I'm trying to complete my Locke & Key / Joe Hill CGC collection, so I'm willing to trade one or both of these for some of the books on my want list.

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Based on the value of these two books, I'm not looking to make any 1 for 1 trades, but I will entertain trade offers for combinations of the following (listed in order of preference):

Locke & Key Crown of Shadows #5 (variant cover) CGC 9.8+

Locke & Key Crown of Shadows #6 (variant cover) CGC 9.8+

Locke & Key Head Games #3 (regular cover) CGC 9.8+

The Cape #1 (Signed Edition) Qualified CGC 9.8+

The Cape #1 (cover A) CGC 9.8+

The Cape #1 (cover B) CGC 9.8+

Grave Tales #6 CGC 9.8+

Kodiak #1 (variant cover) CGC 9.8+

Kodiak #1 (regular cover) CGC 9.8+

PM with any offers. Thanks!

Edited by MadGenius

I have extra CGC 9.8 copies of Locke & Key (1st print) #1 and Signed Edition #1. I'm trying to complete my Locke & Key / Joe Hill CGC collection, so I'm willing to trade one or both of these for some of the books on my want list.

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Based on the value of these two books, I'm not looking to make any 1 for 1 trades, but I will entertain trade offers for combinations of the following (listed in order of preference):

Locke & Key Keys to the Kingdom #4 (variant cover) CGC 9.8+

Doctor Who Classics #2 (regular cover) CGC 9.8+

Doctor Who Classics #2 (variant cover) CGC 9.8+

You are a mad genius (worship) , but no...

Spider-Man Unlimited #8?

DSC06155.jpg

Grave Tales #6?

DSC05679.jpg

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Spider-Man Unlimited #8?

DSC06155.jpg

Grave Tales #6?

DSC05679.jpg

I have a CGC 9.6 Spider-man Unlimited and a *maybe* raw 9.8 copy. I'll add the Grave Tales to my list too since I know high grade copies are hard to come by.

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Spider-Man Unlimited #8?

DSC06155.jpg

Grave Tales #6?

DSC05679.jpg

I have a CGC 9.6 Spider-man Unlimited and a *maybe* raw 9.8 copy. I'll add the Grave Tales to my list too since I know high grade copies are hard to come by.

I won't even mention the super rare article Joe provided for Criminal #4 then. hm

Whoops!

criminal4fr.jpg

It's flimsy construction and black covers makes it too hard to find in 9.8 anyway.

criminal4.jpg

:gossip: A nice one to be in the hunt for though.

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Spider-Man Unlimited #8?

DSC06155.jpg

Grave Tales #6?

DSC05679.jpg

I won't even mention the super rare article Joe provided for Criminal #4 then. hm

Whoops!

criminal4fr.jpg

It's flimsy construction and black covers makes it too hard to find in 9.8 anyway.

criminal4.jpg

I'm drawing a line in the sand and articles aren't making the cut for the CGC collection. :grin:

I may pick up a raw copy of that issue though...

LOCKEKEY1.jpg

Spider-Man Unlimited #8?

DSC06155.jpg

Grave Tales #6?

DSC05679.jpg

Whoops!

criminal4fr.jpg

criminal4.jpg

I'm drawing a line in the sand and articles aren't making the cut for the CGC collection. :grin:

I may pick up a raw copy of that issue though...

But, it's a good article. :baiting:

lol