• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Now read this if you dare...

To see your back issues you need go up in price, 'cause it sounds really interesting.

A reporter's review of the -script to the pilot of L&K. Full of spoilers.

:popcorn:

I'd watch it! It looks like they're adding a few things to the mix, but it sounds like it's in the spirit of the comics. Just a hunch on my part: I think they're going to keep Dodge female for a good long while. Just a guess though.

My guess would be for the entire first season at least I don't think he got out of the well until ?...#6 of WTLC ?.. (shrug) anyone ?

Now read this if you dare...

To see your back issues you need go up in price, 'cause it sounds really interesting.

A reporter's review of the -script to the pilot of L&K. Full of spoilers.

:popcorn:

I'd watch it! It looks like they're adding a few things to the mix, but it sounds like it's in the spirit of the comics. Just a hunch on my part: I think they're going to keep Dodge female for a good long while. Just a guess though.

My guess would be for the entire first season at least I don't think he got out of the well until ?...#6 of WTLC ?.. (shrug) anyone ?

Yeah, I think Knesia Solo who plays the lady in the well" aka "Dodge" has nothing to worry about for a little while. But, they did mention hiring a male actor before to play Zack and they seem to be around the fourth book in the pilot.

Another pilot review.

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/EXCLUSIVE_SCRIPT_REVIEW__Fox_s_LOCKE_AND_KEY_Pilot

The title sequence sounds awesome!

Joe did say the Welcome To Lovecraft arc was the pilot to the real series of Locke & Keys afterall. Where as, it feels jam packed in mythology for a 67 minute TV show, I think the producers just want to get the set up out of the way for some serious key action.

Never read a series where the first six books might be the "keys" to the series. lol

Another pilot review.

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/EXCLUSIVE_SCRIPT_REVIEW__Fox_s_LOCKE_AND_KEY_Pilot

Joe did say the Welcome To Lovecraft arc was the pilot to the real series of Locke & Keys afterall. Where as, it feels jam packed in mythology for a 67 minute TV show, I think the producers just want to get the set up out of the way for some serious key action.

Never read a series where the first six books might be the "keys" to the series. lol

I can't wait to see this thing! Any idea when Fox is supposed to announce the Fall lineup?

Has anyone seen the pre-orders for the Keys to the Kingdom HC on DCBS? It appears as if there's a version that comes with a copy of the Ghost Key. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Edited by MadGenius

That Joe Hill is funny, from his latest post regarding Eisner Nominations.

"It’s been a great day for Locke & Key. Even Pinhead thinks so… or, well, maybe not."

Pinhead.jpg

What book is this from? And how did Pinhead get ahold of the Ghost Key?!

Has anyone seen the pre-orders for the Keys to the Kingdom HC on DCBS? It appears as if there's a version that comes with a copy of the Ghost Key. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Considering it's only about $4.50 more than the regular HC, could the key be part of the book cover?

http://www.dcbservice.com/category.aspx?id=37

LOCKE & KEY HC VOL 04 PEWTER GHOST KEY INCV (Net)

Joe Hill (w) Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c) Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key unwinds into its fourth volume in Keys to the Kingdom. With more keys making themselves known, and the depths of the Locke's family's mysteries ever-expanding, Dodge's desperation to end his shadowy quest drives the habitants of Keyhouse ever closer to a revealing conclusion.

I placed an order should be interesting to see what it turns out to be .... well worth the cost if its another actual ghost key (shrug) going to order the hc anyways .... though the price is cheaper from amazon ...

Edited by synch

Another pilot review.

I can't wait to see this thing! Any idea when Fox is supposed to announce the Fall lineup?

This thing sounds huge, IMHO. Bigger than The Walking Dead pilot(the WDC is gonna have my *sp00n* for saying that too). lol

Joe Hill (w) Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c) Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's Locke & Key unwinds into its fourth volume in Keys to the Kingdom. With more keys making themselves known, and the depths of the Locke's family's mysteries ever-expanding, Dodge's desperation to end his shadowy quest drives the habitants of Keyhouse ever closer to a revealing conclusion.

I placed an order should be interesting to see what it turns out to be .... well worth the cost if its another actual ghost key (shrug) going to order the hc anyways .... though the price is cheaper from amazon ...

I usually wait to read the series in the HC (so I haven't started KTTK yet). I think I'll order one too. :)

I usually wait to read the series in the HC (so I haven't started KTTK yet). I think I'll order one too. :)

I sent a email asking what the key was & if it was from the Scs

Working hard on my Registry photos for my "new" books. Working backwards. I have to load two at a time on dial-up or I will kicked off. Let me know what you guys think. :)

hm getting ready for a certain contest are we ?

how have you not been spoiled yet posting in here ?! I never click on a topic even if they have spoiler warnings until I have read said book!!!! did you know bode just died in the latest book!??!!? lol I tease I tease

Edited by synch

Working hard on my Registry photos for my "new" books. Working backwards. I have to load two at a time on dial-up or I will kicked off. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Yeah... Guilty. I wanted to dedicate my set to my late father anyway. He was so proud when I finally found a niche in the hobby he loved as a kid. Plus, I collected horror comics, like he did. He had tried to get me into them from '79 to '82, but videogames and videotapes were only on my mind.

It's gonna be a slow process to get the pics right too. I don't want crooked slabs in my photos. I have already taken 28 pictures for 4 slabs, for my vieweing audience. Before it was an average 12 pictures for each slab to find the "right one". Contest judges last year didn't know what I went through behind the scenes to make my Modern Age set with "easy to grade" books pop like they did. It's even harder on dial-up at 18 kbs(high speed internet is coming soon to the sticks-thank God!).

how have you not been spoiled yet posting in here ?! I never click on a topic even if they have spoiler warnings until I have read said book!!!! did you know bode just died in the latest book!??!!? lol I tease I tease
I'm hoping Bode's mop-top gets killed with a hair-cut by the end of the pilot myself. It's way too distracting. I'm having bad Eight is Enough and Twiggy("Biddy, biddy, biddy") flashbacks everytime I see it. :fear:

Yeah... Guilty. I wanted to dedicate my set to my late father anyway. He was so proud when I finally found a niche in the hobby he loved as a kid. Plus, I collected horror comics, like he did. He had tried to get me into them from '79 to '82, but videogames and videotapes were only on my mind.

It's gonna be a slow process to get the pics right too. I don't want crooked slabs in my photos. I have already taken 28 pictures for 4 slabs, for my vieweing audience. Before it was an average 12 pictures for each slab to find the "right one". Contest judges last year didn't know what I went through behind the scenes to make my Modern Age set with "easy to grade" books pop like they did. It's even harder on dial-up at 18 kbs(high speed internet is coming soon to the sticks-thank God!).

:golfclap: keep at it! Re uploading ... I don't know it sounds like it may be worth a bit of a drive & go to some internet cafe or something upload the photos all in one shot eh? (shrug) I'd check & phone first & make sure said place allows uploading of photos (shrug)

Edited by synch