• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Just read Clockworks #2 and I am still in love with this book. If the art from this series ever becomes availible, I have dibs on the Kinsey splash! What a serene image :cloud9:

Gabriel Rodriguez says, "working on that with an art dealer that will be managing an online platform to help me with that. News VERY soon..." :)

and, "Just L&K covers for sale to start... no inner artwork yet..."

Thank you for the info! There are 3 covers on CAF and just recently I noticed a page from Keys To The Kingdom. The last one is what sparked my curiosity. Can't wait until the gates of Lovecraft open :devil:.

Here's an interesting article about MTV's possible interest in Locke & Key. :wishluck:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The series adaptation of Joe Hill and Gabriel’s graphic novel Locke & Key refuses to die. After Fox passed on the pilot written by Josh Friedman and directed by Mark Romanek, the companies behind it, 20th Century Fox, K/O Paper Products and DreamWorks TV, shopped it to other networks, with Syfy expressing interest but ultimately passing. The studio, faced with mounting costs of keeping the production alive, decided to pull the plug on the thriller, letting the actors’ options to expire on June 30 while signing Friedman in an overall deal. (Friedman has already set up a new project at Fox with a put pilot commitment.) Then IDW, the publisher of the Locke & Key comic, organized a screening of the pilot at Comic-Con in July, followed by a panel discussion with executive producers Friedman, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. And last month, a trailer for the show, presumably cut by Fox in the run-up to the upfronts, leaked online and went viral (video below). Also last month, a DVD of the pilot was given to MTV programming chief David Janollari. I hear he liked it but is yet to meet with the Locke & Key producers, so there has been no real conversation between the two sides. A supernatural thriller would be a major departure for MTV whose current scripted slate consists primarily of high school shows. And many caution that the budget to mount a Locke & Key TV adaptation is likely to be prohibitive for a basic cable network as evident by Syfy’s decision not to pursue the project after crunching the numbers.

Someone just pick the damn think up already lol ... yesh ... at this point i just don't give a mess unless I see it on tv :S

Also grod seems to make a lot of non english tweets looks like I won't be following him for too long either lol

My apologies if someone has already posted this but this site is amazing.

Locke & Key

Get-Smashed.jpg

hm pretty cool... all they need is a cover gallery & to post sneaks /updates of upcoming covers

Edited by synch

did anyone else order the 1:100 sketchcover for Clockworks 1? What's the deal?

I understand it will actually be a sketch.

Got this info from worthpoint.com:

"Locke And Key Clockworks #1 (of 6)(“100 Copy Incentive” Cover). For every 100 ordered retailers will receive one hand-drawn variant by Rodriguez"

Has anyone seen one of those?

Also,

"Locke And Key Clockworks #1 (of 6)(Gabriel Rodriguez Variant Cover), 1:25"

When I ordered my 1:25 variant I was under the impression that it was going to be a signed edition. Anyone know why it wasn't?

"Locke And Key Clockworks #1 (of 6)(“100 Copy Incentive” Cover). For every 100 ordered retailers will receive one hand-drawn variant by Rodriguez"

Also,

When I ordered my 1:25 variant I was under the impression that it was going to be a signed edition. Anyone know why it wasn't?

heard we will get the 1:100 sketch by the end of the year

Also,

heard we will get the 1:100 sketch by the end of the year

Sweet! Make sure to post a picture when you get it :)

Hope everyone's well. A quick update, a new prototype pic, key announcements and a couple recent articles about Skelton Crew.

Israel

www.skeltoncrewstudio.com

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/whispering-iron-coming-soon

$25.00

The original evil eye.

The Whispering Iron is straight out of the pages of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez's amazing "Locke & Key" published by IDW. This officially licensed replica measures approx. 3.5-inches long.

Cast in black nickel-plated pewter, this piece is packed in a printed black velvet bag with a hand numbered tag, one of 1,000.

Prototype shown

Not guaranteed to possess your livestock.

All I can say is awesome ... DID NOT EXPECT THIS! Way to throw us a curve ball dude :) honestly I am tempted to order two so I can display them side by side lol

Edited by synch

A lot of people love those keys :) and considering how limited they are, I guess if you weren't able to order the key you wanted when it first came out and you really wanted it, you might just spend the money to get it if it pops up on ebay. It IS really cool to be able to own something like that straight out of a comic book.