• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

A lot of people love those keys :) and considering how limited they are, I guess if you weren't able to order the key you wanted when it first came out and you really wanted it, you might just spend the money to get it if it pops up on ebay. It IS really cool to be able to own something like that straight out of a comic book.

+1

A lot of people love those keys :) and considering how limited they are, I guess if you weren't able to order the key you wanted when it first came out and you really wanted it, you might just spend the money to get it if it pops up on ebay. It IS really cool to be able to own something like that straight out of a comic book.

skeleton key prop got me into the comic :) I got it before I even read the series

Any display suggestions for the keys?

I have a complete set of the current issued keys and I was going to pin them on a canvas board that I had painted. I'm concerned about them tarnishing in the long run though.

I also considered a shadow box, but wanted to be a bit "different" with my display.

Have you guys done anything unusual that looks good and protects the keys?

My first attempts at a key display- one is with the tags (most numbered and signed) but my husband suggested I take them off, so that's the 2nd pic.

The board is just a cheap canvas and the background is my first attempt to paint it w/ my kids' washable black (which is more like a dark green) and then I went back over with latex black and while waiting for it to dry to put on another coat, I decided I sort of liked it. :)

314835_2358154426966_1043427315_2733017_377676256_n.jpg

301437_2358155947004_1043427315_2733019_925353634_n.jpg

I Just read a pretty cool interview with Joe Hill. He said a lil sumpin' sumpin' about Locke & Key continuing after the Omega arc :banana: And he talked a bit about the fate of the TV show. Here is the link to the article if you want to read it. A warning, though...If you haven't read Keys to the Kingdom yet...It's a bit spoilery...

http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1210310p1.html

Hmmm. Apparently the 1:25 Clockworks #1 variant was supposed to be signed? I remember reading that when I ordered my copy waaaay back when. The choices were the regular cover and the 1:25 cover. There was no 1:10 variant, right?...When it arrived in the mail it was not signed but everyone I talked to said it was still a 1:25 variant...but 1:25's are usually the signed variant. Now I see several official signed variants on ebay...

Oh, and the signed edition is still designated as the "RI" cover just as the unsigned one was...Unlike, for instance, the Headgames variants which were designated as "RI-A" (the black and white sketch 1:10) and "RI-B" (the signed 1:25).

What is going on here?

(shrug)