• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Finally settled on a key display that I actually like- better yet it's much more stable than my original idea (I had a couple of suicide keys on my canvas, before I finally came to the realization that it was a bad idea...) lol

IMG_4813.jpg

I took the following organizer: http://www.amazon.com/Lipper-International-Bamboo-Adjustable-Organizer/dp/B0049SPBQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332812434&sr=8-3

...painted it with flat black acrylic and then sanded it down for a bit of a distressed look. Less than $25 for the whole thing.

I like that I have plenty of room for more keys (although the Giant and Chain keys might be a bit tough to squeeze in there...) and none of them are attached, so I can move them around at will. Also, the Whispering Iron sits really nice, which I couldn't pull off with a traditional frame display.

honestly after looking at it again I'd set the ey e next to the omega key but that is just me :D Kind of funny /ironic all things considering

Edited by synch

just started reading locke and key. excellent series.

Welcome to the madness. You are among friends.

Updated my L&K Key Display

LKKeysRevised.jpg

I've just enough room for the latest two keys and then its off to start a new display.

Agreed :) It looks very complicated, though. If Skeltoncrew decides to make it, I wonder how he would do it. It would be cool if the hourglass was actually made out of glass or hard plastic and filled with sand...but that is probably not possible.

Yeah that is my thoughts on it as well :) While I want it to happen I also understand why it wouldn't happen ... honestly I am surprised we are still getting any keys at all! I Guess there must be some L&K fans out there buying them just not here direct on these forums :S

Just picked up the "Head Games" singles from my LCS, can't wait to read them. So far, if the rest of the books I've read are any indication, as long as they keep printing them I'll keep buying and enjoying them!

MojoComics, I will too! Joe Hill is an amazing writer and Gabriel Rodriguez is an amazing artist. A lot of times when I'm reading other comics without those guys I find myself feeling like there's just a little something missing. I think I've been spoiled because JH and GR are such a great team. Just like chocolate and peanut butter :grin:

Hey synch, I do think that judging the popularity of the keys or the comics themselves by the participation on this board might not be a good idea, since this IS a CGC board and unfortunately it seems like a lot of people just wanted Locke & Key to make them a little money. Did you notice how just about everyone stopped posting here when they found out there wasn't going to be a TV show? (shrug) Kinda sucks because that was right around the time I started posting :( I'm glad the people who stayed are still here, though :)

ComicDiva89: That is one sweet display!!! (thumbs u

I wish the signatures were on the same side as the limitation number, don't you?

People stopped posting because there was one very motivated boardie that kept the thread going and he stopped. Not because of the TV Show.

I would be grateful if one of you kind souls could point me in the direction of a reading list for Locke & Key. (floppies that is, beginning with issue 1).

I'm a bit confused as to the chronological order of the minis.

Thank you kindly. (thumbs u