• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

wow I can totally see that! Its like they ripped em right out of the book!

Casting Bode has got to be a nightmare job for casting directors. :eek:

The little six year old boy has got to have a lot talent for the role.

Don't know what's going on with the Tyler role. They must be going after someone big or highly respected. hm

Plus the fact that he grow at any second lol! & no longer fit the bill... if this show is to go past one or more seasons I bet it will happen & they will need to replace em :S

Edited by synch

Don't know what's going on with the Tyler role. They must be going after someone big or highly respected. hm

Plus the fact that he grow at any second lol! & no longer fit the bill... if this show is to go past one or more seasons I bet it will happen & they will need to replace em :S

Unless, they get lucky, like the producers of Roseanne did with Michael Fishman.

Someone else mentioned this show is a cartoon?
Everywhere I read said "live-action". (shrug)

Ok. Good :) From what I've read so far this has more possibilities then WD.

Unless, they get lucky, like the producers of Roseanne did with Michael Fishman.

:wishluck: hopefully this is the case for this as well as twd

I'm excited about the series... it's hard to wait and it keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully because they are making it the BEST it can be.

Did anyone here get the Head Games #4 variant that sold on eBay last night for $46? :o That price would have been unheard of a few years ago...

The ghost key that was on eBay also sold by BIN for $175. Wow. Those keys are getting valuable.

Did anyone here get the Head Games #4 variant that sold on eBay last night for $46? :o That price would have been unheard of a few years ago...
It might be too early in the game to sell any L&K books other than #1 first prints right now. Mainstream awareness hasn't been made yet of this property, other than the members of this board. So it would be a risky endeavor to sell high grade issues to different arcs. The public might not want to build a Registry Set, until they see production photos. This will be a highly commercial product once it steams ahead and what's wonderful is is people can still get in on the ground floor collecting this title with deals like last night. That's 75 points to your set for under $50. :)

I remember I was bent out of shape when I bought my CGC 10 of the #4 variant for $125 last year and there was five more released a week later in CGC 10. But, once I saw it had a printing error(ghosting) on it, it made it a better feeling, I can tell you.

The printing error one

103.jpg

The normal one

I'm excited about the series... it's hard to wait and it keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully because they are making it the BEST it can be.
I have been really happy with the casting so far. I have been a fan of Miranda Otto since she stuck out in Human Nature, Nick Stahl in The Man Without a Face(T3 :P ) and Sarah Bolger has really grown on me. I think she will be able to pull off being Kinsey. :wishluck:

The writers and producers are all top notch and Mark Romanek was a great choice for this material to keep it dark. I remember how creepy "One Hour Photo" felt the first time watching it.

Someone else mentioned this show is a cartoon?
Everywhere I read said "live-action". (shrug)

Ok. Good :) From what I've read so far this has more possibilities then WD.

Not to start a turf war with TWD folks.

gangs.jpg

bigtroublegang.jpg

bigtroublesp.jpg

But, I agree. After watching the two final episodes of TWD(#1 and #4 were classics), it left a disappointment taste in my mouth of the way the series might be heading. I always felt Joe's property has more commercial legs for the mainstream anyway.

page8panel4.jpg

OK...gangster_cat-12818.jpg

Let's Dance!

bigtroubleal.jpg

bigtroublein.jpg

:slapfight:

The ghost key that was on eBay also sold by BIN for $175. Wow. Those keys are getting valuable.

I put in a bid with a plan to snipe but fell asleep.

I put in a bid with a plan to snipe but fell asleep.

There should be a couple more. :wishluck: