• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I want IDW to put up some moar gem mint SS copies!!! :ohnoez:
They can't. With the new rule of witnesses. IDW will send Joe the Signed Editions to where he lives when they come off the printer and make it their distribution center in California and he'll slowly sign them and send back from NH. CGC will be going "green" on these as in Green Label Of Death. lol

They can't. With the new rule of witnesses. IDW will send Joe the Signed Editions to where he lives when they come off the printer and make it their distribution center in California and he'll slowly sign them and send back from NH. CGC will be going "green" on these as in Green Label Of Death. lol

As long as they are from idw I don't care about a green label lol

clearly others don't either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260720220601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

lol

I was watching this one but its already too high for me right now ;( Oh well.. I both like & dislike that cover ... poor lil bird :(

Arrived today!

LegacyGhostKey.jpg

Nice! Guess I should expect mine in the mail soon! I thought they were going to ship them off with the other key though

Edited by synch

As long as they are from idw I don't care about a green label lol

clearly others don't either

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260720220601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

lol

I was watching this one but its already too high for me right now ;( Oh well.. I both like & dislike that cover ... poor lil bird :(

Arrived today!

Nice! Guess I should expect mine in the mail soon! I thought they were going to ship them off with the other key though

That SIGNED edition is going to cost you more of course. They have been averaging $28-40 on eBay. There are three more days left on the auction, but it's not a bad price yet... Just sayin... if you want one... I wouldn't hesitate on any of these.

I ordered both keys also but the Legacy Ghost key shipped first. The website states Anywhere key will ship late January.

I love the new sig line as well but must you tease with that beautiful DT SS 9.9. lol

Okay Mister #1... like you should be jealous of MY DTs. lol I've sold you all the universal labels I could :) Actually I thought you would comment on the Bastian sketch since you are now becoming Mr. CPG too

Oh don't worry I noticed the Bastian, but have given the CPG thing a little too much love lately need to cool things down. Also don't worry no jealousy here, if anybody should have the only DT SS 9.9 copy it should be you. Besides if it came down to it and you had to let it go I hope I would get first crack at it. You definantly helped with most of set, and continue to do so. I only wish I could help out with your other sets as much.

Oh don't worry I noticed the Bastian, but have given the CPG thing a little too much love lately need to cool things down. Also don't worry no jealousy here, if anybody should have the only DT SS 9.9 copy it should be you. Besides if it came down to it and you had to let it go I hope I would get first crack at it. You definantly helped with most of set, and continue to do so. I only wish I could help out with your other sets as much.

You know it Kyle. That is a given. Thanks for the kind words friend!

I love the new sig line as well but must you tease with that beautiful DT SS 9.9. lol

Okay Mister #1... like you should be jealous of MY DTs. lol I've sold you all the universal labels I could :) Actually I thought you would comment on the Bastian sketch since you are now becoming Mr. CPG too

Loving the sig line as well, never really gotten into DT's (although I am sure it is great) but I love the L&K, Alpha Flight and CPG all great books.

You know it Kyle. That is a given. Thanks for the kind words friend!
That's what is great about this hobby, with close relationships to other collectors. Friends first. :cloud9:

Loving the sig line as well, never really gotten into DT's (although I am sure it is great) but I love the L&K, Alpha Flight and CPG all great books.

It's a great prequel series, Gary. I was just turned off with all the expensive alternate & sketch variants at first after trying to collect Grim Fairy Tales graded. I wanted to collect a series without them. So, it was TWD or L&K. Ironically, Locke & Key degenerated in the typical IDW variant craze(24 so far...) and The Walking Dead is putting out a little too many recently too.

yeah but the walking dead variants kind of suck... They are just clips from the show a waste of $ imo! I can buy the bluray of the tv series & get the same thing lol! IMO the locke & key variants kind of suck as well ... They are the same as the regular cover pretty much ....

Or a reprint of a cover with a comic shop exclusive logo slapped on it lol ! How about something different & original some new art just for that one cover!

yeah but the walking dead variants kind of suck... They are just clips from the show a waste of $ imo! I can buy the bluray of the tv series & get the same thing lol! IMO the locke & key variants kind of suck as well ... They are the same as the regular cover pretty much ....

Or a reprint of a cover with a comic shop exclusive logo slapped on it lol ! How about something different & original some new art just for that one cover!

Other than the #4 Head Games variant, Special Edition #1 variant, Jetpack variants and the Crown of Shadows #6 one, there really is no other eye-popping ones out of the remaining nineteen. IDW can be lazy like this with their other titles too. :(

Yes the special edition & LOCKE & KEY CROWN OF SHADOWS #2 are IMO really the only true variants of this series :S

#2 is one I'd like to get both covers cgc at some point

Edited by synch

Yes the special edition & LOCKE & KEY CROWN OF SHADOWS #2 are IMO really the only true variants of this series :S

#2 is one I'd like to get both covers cgc at some point

Whenever I see that #2 Crown of Shadows variant cover, I get that damn Abra Moore song stuck in my head. :frustrated:

Lastfm_AbraMoore.jpg

But, define irony....

They cast an Irish born lass to play Kinsey.

sarah_bolger_03.jpg

Who proudly sports a shamrock on her tee and streak of green in her hair on #2's variant cover almost a year before Sarah Bolger is cast.

sarahbolgerclover.jpg

Talk about another Locke & key coincidence with the comic and TV series.

Irish eyes must be smiling. hm

Now, was that a Locke & Key trivia bump or what? :o