• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

in my hands!! all I have to say is DAMN! This one was freaking fantastic !
I just got my KTTK #4(Thank you Horizon Comics).

I loved it! Especially, how the final page practically ended like BA BA BUMMmmmm and how a favorite returning character of mine was "fleshed" out better, as they are working around Dodge at Keyhouse toward redemption. Kind of funny, they didn't put the Philosophoscope Key in the title logo like they did with the other new keys in the Keys To The Kingdom arc. But, It was nice seeing the Ghost Key in the L&K title logo again. It's funny how I thought this was gonna be a "Small Soldiers"-type romp, with Rufus's toys and it turned out totally different and better.

I stand by this being the best Modern on the stands today. :preach:

in my hands!! all I have to say is DAMN! This one was freaking fantastic !
I just got my KTTK #4(Thank you Horizon Comics).

I loved it! Especially, how the final page practically ended like BA BA BUMMmmmm and how a favorite returning character of mine was "fleshed" out better, as they are working around Dodge at Keyhouse toward redemption. Kind of funny, they didn't put the Philosophoscope Key in the title logo like they did with the other new keys in the Keys To The Kingdom arc. But, It was nice seeing the Ghost Key in the L&K title logo again. It's funny how I thought this was gonna be a "Small Soldiers"-type romp, with Rufus's toys and it turned out totally different and better.

I stand by this being the best Modern on the stands today. :preach:

I agree! best out this week if not month! Even if there is an invincible or TWD out this month I don't think they could top this ... (shrug)

I like how it looks like sam has finally found peace with him self it would be nice if he would turn into a actual "good guy" or at least get to redeem him self for his sins ... I had hopes that for dodge but I am thinking now dodge is beyond hope & needs t be wiped out .. Toy kid & bode were great together as well... toy kid is actually really darn smart imo! I can't wait to see more of him I hope! I also loved seeing bode just being bode not worrying about keys or anything just playing & being a kid it was great!

his His first reaction I Loved to toy guy as well it was like "whattt... Followed by a Ok I'll play too! :D Which you simply would not see in a adult reaction"

Edited by synch

Okay opinions needed. I went to Scott's Antique Mall today and purchased a jewelry case as the new display case for my L&K keys. I have two different backgrounds - a gold and velvet maroon color. What do ya like (minus the smudges on the glass)? BTW, the case was on $10... I've priced some shadow box frames and they are $$ for a nice sized one which will be needed to hold all these keys (once available).

Keydisplayvelvet.jpgKeydisplaygold.jpg

The red one will show of the keys more than the gold one will because some of the keys are the same color .... I hate both colors the personaly but for what its worth .02

I'm dragging my feet on framing, because I can't decide on colors myself. (shrug)

I wanna surprise the heck out of you guys when I start framing them.

The red one will show of the keys more than the gold one will because some of the keys are the same color .... I hate both colors the personaly but for what its worth .02

I'm dragging my feet on framing, because I can't decide on colors myself. (shrug)

You average at least 2 surprises a week already.

And thanks for changing your Avatar :)

You average at least 2 surprises a week already.

And thanks for changing your Avatar :)

Thanks Jeff. I'm glad to see people enjoying the book and thread. More fun stuff coming.

Sorry, about the avatar too. I was just giving a temporary shout out to TWD. lol

Did you know...

That Locke & Key: Head Games #5 was the last issue of that arc and that the 28 pages of Head Games #6's "Army of One" takes place in between the pages #19-20 in between the times of 2:20am-2:55am.

If you get a chance, re-read it in that order. It adds another layer to the eerie storytelling of that arc and makes #5 feel like a "Giant Issue". (thumbs u