• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FX Show Orlando... anyone been? Need info.

42 posts in this topic

Hey all, never been to the FX show in orlando, but it's coming up next month and there are a couple of celebs my wife would like to see.

Has anyone been and can tell me how crowded it normally is on Saturdays? What I am specifically looking for is how wheelchair accessable the aisles are. Is it a complete waste of time trying to get around like a Saturday is at MEGACON???? Wife has to get around via her scooter.

Is it also a big costuming event?

Appreciate any help or observations anyone can give me.

In the years I have gone it has not had the same turn out as we see with Megacon. The costumed folks are there but not in masses like for Megacon but Saturday is typically the busiest day....

I do expect a bigger crowd this year based on the sheer amount of folks that turned out for Megacon but I still expect smaller crowds for this show. I believe the isles are set up pretty similar to Megacon but it depends on which hall they are setting up in this year.

All in all it could still be a bit of a challenge for a mobility scotter but certainly not impossible. (thumbs u

FX is a great show, I have gone for the past 3 years. Not too crowded at all, Saturday is usually the busiest but nothing like MegaCon.

I am upset that they moved it and its so close in time to megacon.

Last year was my first FX Show and I was extremely pleased. No lines for sketches, or signatures from the talent. Great vendors for all types, and it's an hour away from home (thumbs u

I love this show and have been going for years. Not as big as Megacon, though I think this is changing as the show seems to be bulking up its comics creators. I know the guy assembling the guests/exhibitors. They do a good job promoting it at other cons.

What I like about it is that there is a heavy focus on toys and collectibles (started out as the focus) but has grown to accomodate more comics. Since its not as busy as Megacon, I found it nice to have a bit more room to get around and really talk to a few dealers who seemed to have more of a relaxed go of things.

Hope that helps. I'll be set up at a table there somewhere. Stop by and say hi!

I love this show and have been going for years. Not as big as Megacon, though I think this is changing as the show seems to be bulking up its comics creators. I know the guy assembling the guests/exhibitors. They do a good job promoting it at other cons.

What I like about it is that there is a heavy focus on toys and collectibles (started out as the focus) but has grown to accomodate more comics. Since its not as busy as Megacon, I found it nice to have a bit more room to get around and really talk to a few dealers who seemed to have more of a relaxed go of things.

I'll stop by just to say hi :hi:

Pick up one of his books as well....my kids love them :applause:

FX is always a show that looks great on paper. Booths are cheap, lots of Dollar comics, It is more like a Flea market of Comics & Old Toys. It is not as busy as Mega Con & you won't see that many costumes at this show. I will be attending this show, But I do expect to see a little more comic dealers there than Mega. All show be aware that this was known as a Toy show. I see this promoter at all the shows around the country pushing his show. This show should draw more of a Star Trek Following since Leonard Nimoy & Jonathan Frakes will be there.

Pick up one of his books as well....my kids love them :applause:

Thanks Kryptonite!

Hope you get to make it out for FX!

This show should draw more of a Star Trek Following since Leonard Nimoy & Jonathan Frakes will be there.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. This show has a long history of "last minute cancellations".

I'm going to go ahead and stick with my own long personal history of early cancellations of going to this show.