• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

Just booked my room at the La Quinta. $76.00 a night. Free breakfest :cloud9: , free WiFi. 4 miles away. Just figured out ill be heading to Charlotte, and Charles will be heading to WWPhilly.

Although we have done Heroes for many years, it will be my first time there. Looking forward to it.

Jeff

or doing it AT the art auction

Guess we could do that too.............maybe eat at the Westin......do they have a upscale restaurant and a bar/restaurant? Or just one?

even if its not a forum dinner persay, everyone can get together at the auction and shoot the isht and drink some beers and talk comics.

I've only been to the auction once before, and as blasted as I was, I can remember it doesn't lend well to talking to anyone other than the person standing next to you. Three years ago pretty much everyone in the room was blasted, and what conversation wasn't drowned out by drunken revelry was interrupted by the actual auction. (Damn, it was good time, just not a forum-style gathering).

Of all the con events around the country -- aside from comic booking proper & seeing friends, the Heroes Art Auction is my favorite :cloud9:

That there is a cash bar handy doesn't hurt :headbang:

seriosuly. i dont know about you guys but i could care less about eating.

Just getting wasted and hanging out is all i really wanna do.

Im sure ill just run into people at the art auction....

I don't think we will be spending any much time together. hm

I agree, getting wasted went of vogue with me about... Well, now that I think of it, ive never enjoyed getting wasted. :thumbsup:

I agree, getting wasted went of vogue with me about... Well, now that I think of it, ive never enjoyed getting wasted. :thumbsup:

Will it be okay with you guys if I have just a couple beers? :foryou:

:eek:

:tonofbricks:

:cry:

uhmmmm.... :gossip: dude you are a yuppie (shrug)

I don't see Eddie's on the list.

i've plateaued, which keeps me out of the yuppified territory that consists of you and the other people buying more house than they need

lol car + clothes + snotty attitude + man purse + chocolate beers = Y U P P I E

I'm not even close on the scale. :baiting:

i'll grant you the snotty attitude and chocolate beers, but the others are right out, mr. my-kid-wears-ralph-lauren-jammies

Volvo dude? How are you questioning that? And I've seen the man purse several times. I won't even mention the restaurant list. All these guys want to do is go somewhere super close to the hotel and grab something to eat. I don't think many people care to spend $40+ a plate for some yuppie delight :makepoint:

Will it be okay with you guys if I have just a couple beers? :foryou:

:eek:

:tonofbricks:

:cry:

i use the term wasted loosely for you older folks.i plan on having alot of fun like last year where i got drunk and danced with a bunch of ladies after the art auction and ended up at some apartment across from the convention center having spaghettios with some girl met.

i use the term wasted loosely for you older folks.i plan on having alot of fun like last year where i got drunk and danced with a bunch of ladies after the art auction and ended up at some apartment across from the convention center having spaghettios with some girl met.

Now that's what I call a CONVENIENTLY LOCATED Room! :headbang:

Now that's what I call a CONVENIENTLY LOCATED Room! :headbang:

everything is located just right......:)

uhmmmm.... :gossip: dude you are a yuppie (shrug)

I don't see Eddie's on the list.

i've plateaued, which keeps me out of the yuppified territory that consists of you and the other people buying more house than they need

lol car + clothes + snotty attitude + man purse + chocolate beers = Y U P P I E

I'm not even close on the scale. :baiting:

i'll grant you the snotty attitude and chocolate beers, but the others are right out, mr. my-kid-wears-ralph-lauren-jammies

Volvo dude? How are you questioning that? And I've seen the man purse several times. I won't even mention the restaurant list. All these guys want to do is go somewhere super close to the hotel and grab something to eat. I don't think many people care to spend $40+ a plate for some yuppie delight :makepoint:

let's see

Volvo...........check

clothes........check

snotty attitude........definitely check :baiting:lol

man purse......... :o:o

chocolate beers........check :cloud9:

looks like, walks like, quacks like........yep :gossip:

:jokealert:

They make all kinds........blueberry, strawberry, etc., etc.

The chocolate I had one time was excellent :cloud9:

Give em a try

You couldn't be older than me ..............all you guys are youngsters

They make all kinds........blueberry, strawberry, etc., etc.

The chocolate I had one time was excellent :cloud9:

Give em a try

You couldn't be older than me ..............all you guys are youngsters

you wanna know what sucks --- since surgery I found out that i cant drink beer( because of the carbonation) :cry:

so now its only hard booze for me :banana:

What the F is a chocolate beer?

I must really be one of those old guys now.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/664/73

It's not a damned man-purse, it's a leather satchel. It ain't my fault that finecomics doesn't need to carry papers to and from the leisure community he calls an office

It's not a damned man-purse, it's a leather satchel. It ain't my fault that finecomics doesn't need to carry papers to and from the leisure community he calls an office

leisure communities............ :cloud9:

us programmers have it so lucky :acclaim:

:sick:

If its anything like flavored wussy coffee, I'll pass.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Marc, you drink that swill? :whistle:

If you wanna add flavor, how about a sack of pretzels or a bowl of peanuts? (shrug)

Please allow me to buy a beer for you at Heroes. :wishluck:

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Marc, you drink that swill? :whistle:

If you wanna add flavor, how about a sack of pretzels or a bowl of peanuts? (shrug)

Please allow me to buy a beer for you at Heroes. :wishluck:

Lately, now that Fat Tire's gotten here to sunny Nawth Cackalacky, that's what I've been drinking...

Feel free to buy me as many beers as you like, man! :foryou: