• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Has My Thread Been Removed

290 posts in this topic

West

Your infomation is bad.

The Cap #1 was sold as having a tear seal closed. It is stated in the original paperwork that accompanied the sale. Also included was the xerox from original Mile High catalog that listed the book as having a small tear o/w NM/M.

In fact this book was sold to me as a completely unrestored copy by Mark Wilson shortly after he closed the tear. I had this book in my collection for many years before I realized it had a tear seal. As for the fable of Nic's reaction to the Cap#1 being placed in a purple holder, it is untrue. Never, at any point, did Nic contact me, in any way, regarding the topic of the Cap #1 being restored. This tale was fabricated by a dealer who shall remain nameless simply becase it "sounded good".

As for your belief that the Marvel #89 is the Mile High copy, I can tell you that it is not. The book you refer to, with regards to the the price of $6500, is #62. That book was the Mile High copy. The #89 sold to Cage was priced at $2000. This book came from an original owner collection of high grade gold that was discovered by Richard Semowich.

Actually you are incorrect Steve. The Marvel Mystery #89 has ALREADY been recertified by CGC and designated as the MILE HIGH copy. The book is at the bank so I cannot scan it, but luckily for me I do have the original B&W "Certificate of Authenticity" on the book tracing it back to the previous owners...Steve Geppi and John Verzyl. Perhaps you can argue with them about it! 27_laughing.gif I think not!

And Stuart, shut your pie hole! You BSD wannabe.

Timely 340009-mmc89.jpg

340009-mmc89.jpg.637dde41bf3990185d76cb96ed559315.jpg

West

Your infomation is bad.

The Cap #1 was sold as having a tear seal closed. It is stated in the original paperwork that accompanied the sale. Also included was the xerox from original Mile High catalog that listed the book as having a small tear o/w NM/M.

In fact this book was sold to me as a completely unrestored copy by Mark Wilson shortly after he closed the tear. I had this book in my collection for many years before I realized it had a tear seal. As for the fable of Nic's reaction to the Cap#1 being placed in a purple holder, it is untrue. Never, at any point, did Nic contact me, in any way, regarding the topic of the Cap #1 being restored. This tale was fabricated by a dealer who shall remain nameless simply becase it "sounded good".

As for your belief that the Marvel #89 is the Mile High copy, I can tell you that it is not. The book you refer to, with regards to the the price of $6500, is #62. That book was the Mile High copy. The #89 sold to Cage was priced at $2000. This book came from an original owner collection of high grade gold that was discovered by Richard Semowich.

Actually you are incorrect Steve. The Marvel Mystery #89 has ALREADY been recertified by CGC and designated as the MILE HIGH copy. The book is at the bank so I cannot scan it, but luckily for me I do have the original B&W "Certificate of Authenticity" on the book tracing it back to the previous owners...Steve Geppi and John Verzyl. Perhaps you can argue with them about it! 27_laughing.gif I think not!

And Stuart, shut your pie hole! You BSD wannabe.

Timely 340009-mmc89.jpg

That's a great explanation Wes, thanks for clearing that up.

"The Cap #1 was sold as having a tear seal closed. It is stated in the original paperwork that accompanied the sale. Also included was the xerox from original Mile High catalog that listed the book as having a small tear o/w NM/M.

In fact this book was sold to me as a completely unrestored copy by Mark Wilson shortly after he closed the tear. I had this book in my collection for many years before I realized it had a tear seal. As for the fable of Nic's reaction to the Cap#1 being placed in a purple holder, it is untrue. Never, at any point, did Nic contact me, in any way, regarding the topic of the Cap #1 being restored. This tale was fabricated by a dealer who shall remain nameless simply becase it "sounded good"."

I do not know if Mark Wilson is on these boards but I am sending him this link, perhaps he can clear this up. I'm not sure how he will take to you calling him a liar and a cheat in this public forum!?!? Have a nice day Steve!

Timely

One other thing that does not make sense about your story on the Cap #1. I've known for 12 years that the Cap #1 was restored, John Verzyl and I have had many discussions about this exact topic.

When Mark Wilson owned the book many years ago he offered Verzyl the book and asked if he should fix the tear and restore the book. Verzyl said I want that book, but if you repair it I do not want it and will pass. Well Mark did the repair anyway. When Mark offered it to him again with the repairs John passed on the MH and bought the Denver instead, just recently upgrading to the 9.6 Allentown copy.

I find it hard to believe Mark would tell Verzyl about the repairs but then lie to you a week later about it when he sells it to you. makepoint.gif

Timely

This is all very curious, and it seems Mark Wilson would remember the particulars on a book of this calibre...specifically - did he, or did he not disclose the resto to Steve? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"The Cap #1 was sold as having a tear seal closed. It is stated in the original paperwork that accompanied the sale. Also included was the xerox from original Mile High catalog that listed the book as having a small tear o/w NM/M.

In fact this book was sold to me as a completely unrestored copy by Mark Wilson shortly after he closed the tear. I had this book in my collection for many years before I realized it had a tear seal. As for the fable of Nic's reaction to the Cap#1 being placed in a purple holder, it is untrue. Never, at any point, did Nic contact me, in any way, regarding the topic of the Cap #1 being restored. This tale was fabricated by a dealer who shall remain nameless simply becase it "sounded good"."

I do not know if Mark Wilson is on these boards but I am sending him this link, perhaps he can clear this up. I'm not sure how he will take to you calling him a liar and a cheat in this public forum!?!? Have a nice day Steve!

Timely

Timely,

It is becoming obvious that YOU have some problem with the guys from Metropolis. If you feel slighted by them in some way, why not come out and tell us about your experiance instead of casting aspirations about third parties and such. The only reputation you seem to be damaging is your own.

Timely,

It is becoming obvious that YOU have some problem with the guys from Metropolis. If you feel slighted by them in some way, why not come out and tell us about your experiance instead of casting aspirations about third parties and such. The only reputation you seem to be damaging is your own.

He did. I think the thread was eventually removed.

West

Even though you raise this topic in your typical fashion, I think you have a wonderful idea. Let's send this thread to Mark Wilson. I never brouht it up to him, but would like to know why he never disclosed that he did work on the book before he sold it to me. In fact, he went out of his way to tell me how incredible the book was (before I saw it), and that how people had always told him the book was not that nice. Never mentioned anything about restoration. I always assumed it was unrestored until one fine day....Let's find out, shall we?

Stephen

West

Even though you raise this topic in your typical fashion, I think you have a wonderful idea. Let's send this thread to Mark Wilson. I never brouht it up to him, but would like to know why he never disclosed that he did work on the book before he sold it to me. In fact, he went out of his way to tell me how incredible the book was (before I saw it), and that how people had always told him the book was not that nice. Never mentioned anything about restoration. I always assumed it was unrestored until one fine day....Let's find out, shall we?

Stephen

Steven,

Actually today I did get a reply back from Mark Wilson about your accusations regarding the Cap #1 MH restoration not being disclosed. His email to me about you was 3 pages long. Until I get his permission to link his email here I will not, but if I get his permission you guys will not believe what he said about Steven. I am STILL in shock!

Timely

The whole 25 pages have vanished and it says the original poster requested they be removed, but I didn't.

Conspiracy theories ??????

I thought this column was about free speech !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody have the "Wheels are in motion" thread saved? confused-smiley-013.gif [it was deleted by the mods.]

I'm reading the whole Ian Levine saga and would like to read the thread that most senior forum members listed in their Top 10 Threads list.

Anybody? PM me.

West

Stephen

Steven,

Actually today I did get a reply back from Mark Wilson about your accusations regarding the Cap #1 MH restoration not being disclosed. His email to me about you was 3 pages long. Until I get his permission to link his email here I will not, but if I get his permission you guys will not believe what he said about Steven. I am STILL in shock!

Timely

popcorn.gif