• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Has My Thread Been Removed

290 posts in this topic

West

Even though you raise this topic in your typical fashion, I think you have a wonderful idea. Let's send this thread to Mark Wilson. I never brouht it up to him, but would like to know why he never disclosed that he did work on the book before he sold it to me. In fact, he went out of his way to tell me how incredible the book was (before I saw it), and that how people had always told him the book was not that nice. Never mentioned anything about restoration. I always assumed it was unrestored until one fine day....Let's find out, shall we?

Stephen

Steven,

Actually today I did get a reply back from Mark Wilson about your accusations regarding the Cap #1 MH restoration not being disclosed. His email to me about you was 3 pages long. Until I get his permission to link his email here I will not, but if I get his permission you guys will not believe what he said about Steven. I am STILL in shock!

Timely

Timely it's only been slightly over 2 years. We'd love to hear his response to settle this once and for all! poke2.gif

The whole 25 pages have vanished and it says the original poster requested they be removed, but I didn't.

Conspiracy theories ??????

I thought this column was about free speech !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody have the "Wheels are in motion" thread saved? confused-smiley-013.gif [it was deleted by the mods.]

I'm reading the whole Ian Levine saga and would like to read the thread that most senior forum members listed in their Top 10 Threads list.

Anybody? PM me.

Isn't this the thread here? confused-smiley-013.gif

The whole 25 pages have vanished and it says the original poster requested they be removed, but I didn't.

Conspiracy theories ??????

I thought this column was about free speech !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody have the "Wheels are in motion" thread saved? confused-smiley-013.gif [it was deleted by the mods.]

I'm reading the whole Ian Levine saga and would like to read the thread that most senior forum members listed in their Top 10 Threads list.

Anybody? PM me.

Isn't this the thread here? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's not the one where Metro first coined the phrase.

Edit: I take that back. I think this is in fact the original thread.

did ian ever finish his collection?

Yes.

He's currently busy tracking down lost Doctor Who episodes.

Is he just watching lots and lots of TV in the hopes that he can capture some in their natural environment?

Yes.

Does he still post here?

I think he's only made one or two posts in the past 6 months.

Yes.

Is he just watching lots and lots of TV in the hopes that he can capture some in their natural environment?

I'm not sure if you know the story or not, but a lot of the original Doctor Who episodes from the 60's and 70's were discarded by BBC studios in the mid 70's. Ian has helped track some of the few existing reprints from Canada, Africa and other places over the years. There are currently 108 episodes that are still missing, and locating one it almost like finding a needle in a haystack.

Missing how?

Well BBC destroyed the original prints to free-up some storage in their archive bins, but they had previously made copies for other countries to broadcast. Unfortunately, most of the other countries have also deleted their copies since they couldn't contractually air the episodes anymore. There's a small possibility that some the broadcasting company's film archives may still have the episodes by chance, but who knows. For instance, over the past 10 years only 2 additional episodes have been recovered. One in New Zealand by a film buff who happened to come across it in a garage sale or something, and the other was returned by a former BBC technician that supposedly didn't know the episode was missing. There may be others out there in private collections, but from what I gather BBC has refused to shell out big money since they feel it's their original property.

Missing how?

Well BBC destroyed the original prints to free-up some storage in their archive bins, but they had previously made copies for other countries to broadcast. Unfortunately, most of the other countries have also deleted their copies since they couldn't contractually air the episodes anymore. There's a small possibility that some the broadcasting company's film archives may still have the episodes by chance, but who knows. For instance, over the past 10 years only 2 additional episodes have been recovered. One in New Zealand by a film buff who happened to come across it in a garage sale or something, and the other was returned by a former BBC technician that supposedly didn't know the episode was missing. There may be others out there in private collections, but from what I gather BBC has refused to shell out big money since they feel it's their original property.

It's amazing how many really historical moments from television history have been lost. I don't know if it has been found yet, but the broadcast of the first Superbowl was lost for the longest time. Everyone thought it was a cheap gimmick and the network (I want to say ABC, but might be wrong) reportedly taped over it. The old Museum of Broadcasting in NYC (forget its current name) used to have a list of broadcasts they were seeking by the doors, hoping someone might happen to have a tape or film copy in their garage.