• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herb Trimpe is Awesome!!

28 posts in this topic

On the last Emerald city con, my sole purpose for Attending was to meet Mr Trimpe and give him a little gift from some guys over here in Japan as well as another gift from our chaplain.When I was over there, a day prior to the con, he had to cancell because of a family emergency, so I sent him the gifts and hoped to se him in another con. The guy wasn't having that, he gave me a commission drawing and totally personalized....he is so accesable i is unbelievable!! I am impressed and have lots of love for the guy.. :banana: :banana: :banana::golfclap::banana: :banana:

75419.jpg.5cf5579358b59ece1e1d9bf86ffcfba1.jpg

Herb and his wife are definatly class acts all around

I concur!

Herb and his wife are definatly class acts all around

Totally agreed with this. They arrived late at the Paradise Toronto Comicon last July due to traffic, went right to the table when they arrived (without checking into their room, which the con was held at the hotel), and stayed well after closing to finish off sketching for those that waited in line (I was last). Such nice people to talk to, and so did not have to stay for lil' ol' me.

Herb is beyond cool--definitely someone who loves his fans. I had some email discourse with him in FEB 08 where my wife said I could get a Wolverine sketch from him. When I met him at Baltimore in SEP 08, not only did he remember me but also that I shared a love of tabletop wargaming as he does (you should see some of the stuff he has one his website!). If you think his artwork is impressive, you really should some of his other art work!

http://www.herbtrimpe.com/littleguys.html

Herb Trimpe is someone I consider a friend of mine. He and his wife are always very nice they know me by name. Herb always goes above and beyond when I ask him for a sketch. He is always telling me to email him just to talk. He and his wife are both class acts.

Breathing new life into this thread because of something I got in the mail recently. Apparently Herb got wind of my broken ankle and decided to send this:

HulkbyHerbTrimpe-1.jpg

For those who don't know, I work in a mine and work with explosives, hence the Hulk quote.

Good karmic kudos to Herb! (worship)

You still need your "I'm dating a Miner" shirt, don't you Nina?

I'm dating Sally (Gwen Stacy)

Fred (Alphatrion1) is dating Jamie (Nina).

That's strike 2. :makepoint: