• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Cherry Extravaganza-see page 24-20% off remaining items

242 posts in this topic

I was fortunate enough to obtain Dan Fogel's remaining Cherry file copies recently along with some unusual Cherry collectibles (paste-ups, original art, Cherry fan club merchandise). Over the next couple of days beginning tonight at 8 EST, I will offer these items exclusively here at the CGC boards.

I try to be a conservative grader, I tend to lower the grade if I am unsure. Underground comix is my speciality so feel confident that my descriptions about the printing of each book is accurate based on current knowledge. I am a collector, not a dealer & wish to share these extras with you & make a few bucks to help pay for my seemingly neverending purchases. Please note that Photobucket likes to censor some of these covers. A scan can always be sent to you upon request if missing.

Rules, first "I'll take it" wins, feel free to PM me with questions and/or wants or requests.

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? refers to the Fogel Underground Price guide which came out in 2006.

I prefer to send boxed priority mail so postage in the US will be a minimum of $5.00 and up depending on weight/number of books & whether you want them shipped in an envelope or box. Oversized items may be extra to ship.

I can now accept paypal but there will be a 3% surcharge to cover my costs or you can mail me a personal or cashiers check.

You must be 18 years of age or over to buy these books, sorry. If you bid you are attesting to that fact. Thanks

This is not part of Fogel's stash

Cherry Poptart #2, not a first Print, CGC 9.6 White Pages. I sold the other 9.6 I owned to Beyonder, this was my personal copy but recently finally picked up a nice first print of #2. These Cherry's can be tough in high grade. My price $40.

CherryPoptart2CGC962ndPrintCopyB001.jpg

Start the show now 8pm is so far away :popcorn:

I actually have everything scanned & ready to post but have too many people coming to the 8 PM showing to start early, sorry. But I can post a tidbit. Each comic comes with a certificate from Fogel certifying that the book was his file copy. Here is what they look like. Please note that I did not scan every certificate but they are included with each book. Also, so you won't be disappointed, these are not uber high grade copies as I mentioned in the announcement thread.

Cherry4Certificate3rd001.jpg

The only other thing I obtained that I feel comfortable listing early is Fogel's remaining backstock of Cherry Collection III published by Hippy Comix. This book reprints Cherry #7, #8 & #9. I have his last 7 copies, they are unread, NM/NM+ and am offering them for the original cover price of $16. These do not come with certificates.

CherryCollection3001-1.jpg

The only other thing I obtained that I feel comfortable listing early is Fogel's remaining backstock of Cherry Collection III published by Hippy Comix. This book reprints Cherry #7, #8 & #9. I have his last 7 copies, they are unread, NM/NM+ and am offering them for the original cover price of $16. These do not come with certificates.

:takeit:

Hi Pirate:

May I assume you wanted only 1 copy, not all 7?

Good luck with the sales thread tonight Eggs! Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it -- on the town, then going to Watchmen IMAX. All you other Cherry fans (:insane:) have first dibs. Leave some scraps for me when I manage to get back online. :)

Hi Pirate:

May I assume you wanted only 1 copy, not all 7?

:takeit: 2 Copies unless he took all 7?

2 copies of Cherry Vol. III to pirate & 2 copies to bcc.

Thanks!

4 copies left

2 copies :takeit:

Thought you only had 7 (shrug)

2 copies of Cherry Vol. III to pirate & 2 copies to bcc.

Thanks!

4 copies left

2 copies :takeit:

Thought you only had 7 (shrug)

can't subtract or speel reel good

1 copy left, thanks Greggy

BTW....will there be multiples of all the file copies?

I think only one or two are duplicates. They are home where I am not at the moment.

Dan's personal high grade set of Cherry's was sold a couple of years ago to another board member here who recently traded it to me for some other undergrounds. I am thinking of having them all encapsulated.

The ones tonight are actually Dan's file copies which he used & referred to as needed.

Found 1 more copy at the bottom of the box, so I really did have 8 copies & didn't know it.

7 sold, 1 left, $16, selling at cover price. Publisher no longer has copies to sell.