• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why cant ebay sellers with 1000's of feedback mail books to canada!!!

109 posts in this topic

SERIOUS QUESTION TO ALL THE CANADIANS - what is the best way to keep the customs agents from levying those extra tariffs on your comics, that we US sellers can do? Mark the package as a gift or something else, does the shipping "container" matter, i.e., is a Global Priorty Mail envelope pr box not as 'high-profile' than a shipping container for candy... or is there no solid method, and it's just chance?

-slym

Declaring the item as a gift usually works. I also like to declare the item as a book rather than a comic book, I think most customs agents know comic books are widely collected. When I ship to the US or overseas I often write "Happy Birthday" in big letters on the front of the box.

Thank you! I will take that advice to heart - esp. the birthday thing!!!

(thumbs u

-slym

Well, we both seem to be talking from personal experience, so we won't convince the other one of anything, it looks like.

Right, but I'm actually buying from Canada, whereas you're speculating on what it's like to buy from Canada. I win. :baiting:

I'm about ready to cut all you ' frostbacks off after all the whinin' about whinin' in this thread :sumo:

Yeah, because I don't have ANY experience selling to Canada.

As a seller in the U.S, how can you be more qualified to speak about the willingness of American sellers to ship to Canada than someone who actually shops from Canada, and has had to deal with this thousands of times?

That would be like BestBuy handing out customer satisfaction surveys to its own employees.

P.S: I'm a stubborn azz who doesn't know when to let things drop. Nice to meet you.

I'm about ready to cut all you ' frostbacks off after all the winning in this thread :sumo:

Fixed that for you.

And what the hell is a frostback? That's new...

I'm about ready to cut all you ' frostbacks off after all the winning in this thread :sumo:

Fixed that for you.

And what the hell is a frostback? That's new...

Properly used, it's probably similar to a 'roid, but you can think of it as a touk head.

Yeah, because I don't have ANY experience selling to Canada.

As a seller in the U.S, how can you be more qualified to speak about the willingness of American sellers to ship to Canada than someone who actually shops from Canada, and has had to deal with this thousands of times?

There are two sides to every story. You are going from yours, and I am going from mine. I never once said I was speaking for Canadian buyers. I am speaking from my experience as an American seller. There is no "winning" here, I am trying to tell you about what happens from the other side, the one not involving YOU. But, you seem to know everything and I obviously don't know mess, so you win.

P.S: I'm a stubborn azz who doesn't know when to let things drop. Nice to meet you.

Nooooo.......

lol

-slym

There is no "winning" here

Well, for you there certainly isn't.

But, you seem to know everything

Why, thank you.

and I obviously don't know *spoon*

I wouldn't go that far, but you definitely don't seem to know that I'm yanking your chain.

so you win

Finally. Was that so hard?

Who, you....?

Never!

;)

lol Coming from you, that's quite ironic. :grin:

But, you seem to know everything

Why, thank you.

Notice the qualifier... ;)

and I obviously don't know *spoon*

I wouldn't go that far, but you definitely don't seem to know that I'm yanking your chain.

Nah, this is a friendly exchange... I have no hard feelings!

so you win

Finally. Was that so hard?

Psst - I said it 8 posts ago... :baiting:

(thumbs u

-slym

Who, you....?

Never!

;)

lol Coming from you, that's quite ironic. :grin:

Besides, I'm working on it...

It's a 12-step program.

I'm on the 197th step.

Nah, this is a friendly exchange... I have no hard feelings!

Yes, but are you feeling har...wait...wait, that's not right.....come back to me, will ya?

You and the gay stuff...

lol

-slym

Gay?

What's gay about an ?

;)

COI, if you are anything like RockMyAmadeus, we will intermittently be at each other's throats, but in the way that brothers fight - only to wound, not to kill.

(thumbs u

-slym

Shhhh! Don't tell them I have any friends!

It's a SECRET!!!!

And that...? It's just a scratch!