• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why cant ebay sellers with 1000's of feedback mail books to canada!!!

109 posts in this topic

The fourth time this week I can't bid on a book. This time from an Ebayer with a few thousand feedback. This is not just some guy selling a couple of books from his collection. Here are my weeks attempted purchases.

Book #1 ended just over $200 and I was willing to bid $250, so the seller lost out on up to $40-50. Went to snipe and did not notice he was not shipping to Canada. He stated it in his notes but did not set the auction up that way. I usually check auctions at school without logging in, guess I have to log in when I check.

Book #2 I had a boardie buy for $240 for me, the seller would not ship outside the US after contacted.

Book #3 is around $100. The seller states they will sell to Canada but USPS express. Went to buy the book out and can't, only US bidders, instant payment required. The book is a good price and I am actually worried it will sell before I get a response. I would actually pay about 50%-100% more for the book as it is a book I am actively seeking. One of my faverate covers, period. Maybe ze-man will buy another book for me :grin:

Book #4 sells for around $40 and I was willing to bid $100. Seller will not ship out of the US.

There was also a piece of original art last month that I was thinking about but thought it was going to go for a lot more so I did not inquire about shipping to Canada, I don't know art prices. Went for just over $500 and I would have bid north of $750 on it. I would have bought all those books or the art, but not both.

I am sure I am not the only Canadian or foreigner for that matter in this situation. I understand it is more work for the seller, but you would figure for books say $100 or more it would be worthwhile. Expecially when you consider non US markets are starving for good material.

Bruce

I ship to Canada all the time. However I have a higher percentage of packages either opened or never arrive to Canada than to all other destinations combined. I am sure it is due to your customs service.

International customers never pay for insurance so when there is a problem, ebay sellers lose the book and the money. That is a problem.

A few reasons:

You need to wait in line to mail out of the USA, that could be an hour by my post office.

Customs Forms, Canadians sometimes ask us Americans to lie about the value of the items.

Usually insurance is super costly and ebay will not back the sellers if the package is lost in the frozen North.

Your country opens up packages and charges duty to you, after they read the book and ruin it.

Should I continue?

yeah, and sometimes the sun comes up in the east...

I ship to anywhere in the world and have never had a problem so far :wishluck:

Some of the best buyers I have had have been from outside the US.

The customs forms are pretty simple unless you have a package that weighs more than 4 lbs.

I had one personal problem - and by that, I mean it was all me - with an international shipment to Britain. It was my auction for a large amount of Timberland t-shirts (don't ask) and the buyer wanted it sent the cheapest way, which was the proverbial "slow boat to China." I think I waited (sweating!) for 3 months before the seller finally told me they arrived and he left me positive FB.

It was a large box, but I swear, I am never going to go the cheap-o route on International shipping again! The buyer was never worried, though, thankfully.....

-slym

Do the EBay sellers with less than 1000 feedback send to canada? For myself, when sending anything outside of the US it requires a trip to the Post Office :mad: otherwise I go to the unmanned postal shipping stop where there is a machine that prints out the shipping label and I drop it into a bin. Maybe people are just lazy or impatient. I know I am.

Do the EBay sellers with less than 1000 feedback send to canada?

I have been on eBay for seven years, and while my feedback should probably be 100 points higher (I always leave FB, while many of the others I have dealt with, both buyer and seller, have not) I have no problem shipping anywhere in the world a seller may be from. Trust me, shipping to Italy can be scarier than anywhere else from what I've heard, yet I have had no problem with them, although I admit I've only shipped to there once.

Ebay user ID pewter4144 is me, I will never let anyone down!

(thumbs u

-slym