• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee made a cameo in Princess Diaries 2

32 posts in this topic

I loved the first movie...didn't know they made a second one.

it's where she actually goes to her country right? pretty sure I saw it, but don't remember it. well netflix will be my next sight I guess.

ok nevermind I'm thinking of princess diaries 2, damn I look like a stupid girl now... damn

yeah couldn't find it on netflix or when googled

Me neither.. (shrug)

Thank god no one tried to make a Princess Bride 2.

^^

But Bruce Campbell always said he wished there was a "Princess Bride II" so he could play Buttercup. :insane:

Actually, I thought it was a great movie that skated right by and many folks missed out.

^^

But Bruce Campbell always said he wished there was a "Princess Bride II" so he could play Buttercup. :insane:

Actually, I thought it was a great movie that skated right by and many folks missed out.

Don't get me wrong, the first Princess Bride is a GREAT movie.....actually, it's my wife's favorite, so I have a soft spot for it. Thankfully, they didn't ruin it by making a lousy sequel, even if Bruce Campbell was cast in it lol

^^

"Good, bad, I'm the one with the ." ;)

If you read the book (do it, it's brilliant) there's an epilogue/sequel of sorts called Buttercup's Baby. The sequel is of course as fictional as the whole 'S Morgenstern' joke but there is a chapter.

Description from wiki:

The chapter consists of a disjointed assemblage of stories about the quartet's escape to 'One Tree Island', and the eventual kidnapping of Waverly, Westley and Buttercup's daughter, by a skinless-faced 'madman' who eventually throws her off a mountainside. The chapter ends with Fezzik, Waverly's appointed babysitter, leaping off the mountain to save her, and then cradling her to preserve her from the impact that seems certain to spell at least Fezzik's doom. Also noteworthy is a flashback to Inigo's past, his training as a swordsman, and his one-time romantic love interest.

The stuff about Inigo's past is particularly good (thumbs u

If you read the book (do it, it's brilliant) there's an epilogue/sequel of sorts called Buttercup's Baby. The sequel is of course as fictional as the whole 'S Morgenstern' joke but there is a chapter.

Description from wiki:

The chapter consists of a disjointed assemblage of stories about the quartet's escape to 'One Tree Island', and the eventual kidnapping of Waverly, Westley and Buttercup's daughter, by a skinless-faced 'madman' who eventually throws her off a mountainside. The chapter ends with Fezzik, Waverly's appointed babysitter, leaping off the mountain to save her, and then cradling her to preserve her from the impact that seems certain to spell at least Fezzik's doom. Also noteworthy is a flashback to Inigo's past, his training as a swordsman, and his one-time romantic love interest.

Really? I read the original version and it didn't have a Buttercup's Baby - now I have to go dig through my hardbound boxes.

There are so many great lines in that movie, my wife and I have watched that DVD to the point it should just melt in the player.

And Steve, I totally agree! Please, no sequels Hollywood. You can't handle it.

Description from wiki:

Really? I read the original version and it didn't have a Buttercup's Baby - now I have to go dig through my hardbound boxes.

There are so many great lines in that movie, my wife and I have watched that DVD to the point it should just melt in the player.

On reflection I think it's only in later editions. I love all the introduction and appendices about the book's fictional provenance etc. Something the film could not duplicate of course.

Oh yeah, and the Zoo of Death! That didn't make it into the film either.

I remember passing over PB many times in the video store back in the 80s as the cover just didn't appeal to me. Once I finally saw it I loved and have watched it many, many times since :cloud9:

Description from wiki:

I bought my wife a NM signed first edition of the book last year, and she loves it!

I also bought her this.....some AWESOME signatures on there! :headbang:

th_DSC00010.jpg

That movie has one of my favorite movie quotes:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die" :grin:

Inigo Montoya: Offer me money.

Count Rugen: Yes!

Inigo Montoya: Power, too, promise me that.

[He slashes his other cheek]

Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...

Inigo Montoya: Offer me anything I ask for.

Count Rugen: Anything you want...

[Rugen knocks Inigo's sword aside and lunges. But Inigo traps his arm and aims his sword at Rugen's stomach]

Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of a b i t c h.

[He runs Count Rugen through and shoves him back against the table. Rugen falls to the floor, dead]

Gives me goosebumps even now :grin:

I think for a movie that sounds like an extreme chick flick, I know so many guys who love it because it tends to be a man movie more then a chick flick IMO

Its a movie that has everything for everyone