• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee made a cameo in Princess Diaries 2

32 posts in this topic

I think for a movie that sounds like an extreme chick flick, I know so many guys who love it because it tends to be a man movie more then a chick flick IMO

It's definitely the work of a geek :)

Especially in the original book. All this stuff about "the seventh most beautiful woman in the world" or "the fourteenth most passionate kiss of all time". What could be geekier than thinking you could have actual objective records of such things? :grin:

Absolutes are used with abandon and all manner of things are described in precise categories. The meticulous sword fight with running commentary on style and technique that plays more like a chess game for example.

Fezzik is the strongest man in the world. Vizzini is the smartest man in the world. Inigo is the greatest swordsman in the world. Humperdinck is the greatest hunter in the world. Buttercup is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Inigo has devoted his entire life to one perfect act of vengeance.

Westley and Buttercup's love is 100% perfect, true love that happens only once in several lifetimes.

etc etc etc. This all strikes me as very male. I'm kinda surprised it's even popular with women!

PB is almost cinematic perfection.

:cloud9:

My favourite scene:

Count Rugen: [admiring his torture contraption] Beautiful isn't it? It took me half a lifetime to invent it. I'm sure you've discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. Presently I'm writing the definitive work on the subject, so I want you to be totally honest with me on how the machine makes you feel. This being our first try, I'll use the lowest setting.

[Count Rugen activates the water powered torture machine. Wesley writhes in great pain]

Count Rugen: [calmly] As you know, the concept of the suction pump is centuries old. Really that's all this is except that instead of sucking water, I'm sucking life. I've just sucked one year of your life away. I might one day go as high as five, but I really don't know what that would do to you. So, let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Wesly: (whines pitifully)

Count Rugen: Interesting...

-slym

doh, my bad. :blush:

You are all correct, it was titled, "The Princess Diaries 2," with anne hathaway.

As you can see, I don't often follow chick flicks much, it was a family thing.

But, that being said, yes, I'm sure it was Stan the man.

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.

Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.

Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.

Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.

Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.

Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.

Vizzini: Enough of that.

Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.

Vizzini: No more rhyming now, I mean it.

Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

:cloud9:

[i bought my wife a NM signed first edition of the book last year, and she loves it!

I also bought her this.....some AWESOME signatures on there! :headbang:

Steve, you have the best movie-based material. Between this and the Bruce Campbell stuff, I am just floored.

Thanks for sharing! Hope the baby is doing super.

[i bought my wife a NM signed first edition of the book last year, and she loves it!

Steve, you have the best movie-based material. Between this and the Bruce Campbell stuff, I am just floored.

Thanks for the kind words! :cloud9:

My wife and future newborn are both doing fine, the official due date is October 12th :)

I can't wait until the next ultrasound when we get to find out the sex of the baby :grin:

My wife and future newborn are both doing fine, the official due date is October 12th :)

I can't wait until the next ultrasound when we get to find out the sex of the baby :grin:

Are you having them film every ultrasound session? We did for the twins and it is wild to look back on and remember how small these guys were. Hard to believe sometimes as they eat like linebackers now.

Are you having them film every ultrasound session? We did for the twins and it is wild to look back on and remember how small these guys were. Hard to believe sometimes as they eat like linebackers now.

Well, they didn't offer for our initial one (which was very quick, mainly to check the heartbeat and do measurements), but we'll definitely look into that for the one that takes place at 20 weeks along :)