• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gem City Comic Con April 5th 2009 Dayton Ohio

8 posts in this topic

Hi Fans,

I'm Jesse Noble, the promoter of the 2009 Gem City Comic Con. We Gem City Comics, Fearless Readers Comics, Bell Book and Comic, and all our sponsors, want to thank you. We can't think of a better way to thank you than to bring you the biggest best show we know how. So mark your calenders for Sunday April 5th 2009.

Over the next few weeks I will be sending you detailed announcements about all the great things we have going on. For right now, I want to give you the highlights.

Chris Claremont, the Uncanny X-men writer and comic book legend, will be here.

Frank Brunner, master artist for Dr.Strange, Man-Thing and co-creator of Howard the Duck, will be here.

Dan Raspler, DC editor of your favorite comics including Kingdom Come, will be here.

Don Kramer, artist for JSA, Detective Comics and others, will be here.

We have the largest "Independent Creator" rooms you will ever see at a one day show packed with the best creators the mid-west has to offer.

This year we have increased the size of our dealer room to include over 120 tables of comics, toys, cards and all manner of collectables. It is by far the largest dealer room at any one day show in the mid-west.

Our gaming tournament has become the prime tournament in town thanks in part to our great sponsor Bell Book and Comic.

I promised you the highlights but it is just the tip of the iceberg. I still need to tell you about our panel groups and our other feature artist and our VIP TICKET PACKAGES and all the other great activities we have for you.

Check out our website at www.gemcitycomiccon.com for details or just wait for next update in a few days.

Till Next Time,

Jesse Noble

Jessenoble@gemcitycomiccon.com

www.gemcitycomiccon.com.

Howdy Jesse, looking forward to beering up a little with you and Bill Saturday night!

Cat and I will be coming in Friday to hang around Dayton and we'll be dropping the store for a look.

Rickster

VOLII

Hi Fan,

I'm Jesse Noble, the promoter of the 2009 Gem City Comic Con and I want to keep you informed as to what we've got going on for this year. With this update. I want to let you know about some special promotions that you can take advantage of this year.

First of all if you print out this or any flyer that I send out or you get at a show, you can get your ticket at the door for $5.

Secondly, if you are a member of either the Boy Scouts of America or the Girl Scouts of America you get in for $3. All you have to do is come in uniform.

Lastly, if you come with a collection to sell you get in FREE. We will just need to see your collection at the door. No parking lot deals.

Our VIP Ticket Packages are READY!!!

The VIP Tickets Packages are $100 and Include the following items and bonuses.

1 Golden Ticket

One Hour early admission to the show (9am) 

1 Long comic book storage and 100 bags and backers. Thanks to our new sponsors J&T Nationwide Comic Supplies in Columbus.

Four Convention Sketch Exclusives. One sketch each from Dave Aikins, Andy Bennett, Dan Davis and Sean Forney. Each Sketch comes with a signed and numbered COA. 

1 Exclusive VIP Program

1 GCCC Exclusive Comic from Dime Store Comics

1 2009 GCCC T-Shirt

1 GCCC Collectable Pin From "The Pop Culture Trading Pin Company"

Lastly, reserved front row seats in all of our panel discussion.

The only place you can get your Golden Ticket is at Fearless Readers Comics in Dayton. Packages are VERY limited so don't wait, ACT NOW.

Lastly, I would like to tell everyone about our newest sponsor, J&T Nationwide. J&T Nationwide is a collectable supple distributer that has just expanded it's operations to the midwest. They distribute the supplies to your local shop that keep you comics looking good. Ask for J&T supplies by name.

J&T Nationwide will have a table in the Skylight Lobby. They will have a full line of products for you to look at. Also J&T Nationwide have provided your VIP Packages with a long comic Box and 100 comic bags and backers.

Thanks for reading.

Until Next time.

Jesse Noble

GCCC Updates Vol 3 and 4

The 2009 Gem City Comic Con is a complete SELL OUT!

This year we sold out our Artist and Dealer table so fast that we had to add more! Today I tell you we are sold out again! This year we will have more Artist more Creators more Media coverage and more Dealers than we have EVER had, EVER. It is incredible! The most important thing for you to know is that they are coming here because of you, the FANS. You make this show such a great event.

Remember, bring a print out of this email or one of the flyers and you can get in for $5 at the door. If you are a member of the Boy or Girl Scouts of America come in dressed in uniform and get in for $3. Students get in for $5 with a student ID and children under 10 get in free with a paying adult.

The gaming tournaments first two events have been announced!

Over the years, our gaming sponsor Bell Book and Comic have turned this event into the premier gaming event in Dayton. Friends and families get together to compete as well as learn new games to play year around.

Magic the Gathering ccg box tournament - $10.00 entry fee.

The format is constructed type 2.

Prizes include a booster box of Conflux, additional packs and promo cards for door prizes.

Magic the Gathering booster drafts on the side as well.

HeroClix - $5.00 entry fee + $10.00 booster, for a total of $15.00.

The format is unrestricted, semi-constructed.

Players bring a 200-pt army and use the booster contents to add an additional 100-pts to their army to play.

Prizes include a Spectere, Starro, Anti-Monitor, plus additional LEs (limited edition figures) for door prizes.

HeroClix booster draft pick up games will be held on the side as well.

These are the confirmed events. Player can register in advance at Bell Book and Comic in Dayton in person or by phone.

Charity Silent Auction

Gem City Comic Con is pleased to announce the first Annual Gem City Comic Con Silent Auction. We are going to get together a great selection of variant comics, original comic art pages, limited prints and GCCC memorabilia and then auction them off. A portion of the money raised will go to one of our favorite charities SICSA.

The Society For The Improvement Of Conditions For Stray Animals

(SICSA) is a private non-profit animal welfare group dedicated to saving the Miami Valley’s homeless cats and dogs; preventing the euthanasia of adoptable companion animals by addressing the animal overpopulation problem; and nurturing the human animal bond through humane education.

Go to www.sicsa.org, to find out more about the great work they do!

GCCC is HERE Vol.4

I'm Jesse Noble, the promoter of the 2009 Gem City Comic Con. If you getting this email then you have attended our show in the past. And I want to keep you informed as to what we got going on for this year.

Remember, bring a print out of this email or one of the flyers and you can get in for $5 at the door. If you are a member of the Boy or Girl Scouts of America come in dressed in uniform and get in for $3. Students get in for $5 with a student ID and children under 10 get in free with a paying adult.

Our Featured Guests

Each year we do our best to bring you the best in featured guests. This year is no different. Other than to say this year is HUGE! Let me just run down a list and then direct you to our website to read more about them.

Dave Aikins

Andy Bennett

Dan Davis

Sean Forney

Mike Maydak

Wayne Osborne

Chad Lambert

Jacob Rougemont

Dime Store Productions

Comicsrelated.com

Zonetrooper.com

Uko Smith

That doesn't even begin to touch on the talent and creative forces that are at work in the Independent Creator room. Assembled in there you will find the cutting edge of creative work in the whole of comicdom. I can't impress on you enough the importance of independent voices in comics. They live and breath to create thought provoking and interesting work for you. You will do yourself well to take a walk though the room and sample some of the work that will be there. Here is a list of just some of the creators that will be on hand. Check out the website for late additions to our Independent Creator room.

Dara Naraghi

Tom Wiliams

Molly Durst

Craig Bogart

Break the Line Comics

Wes Molebash

Dan Barlow

Tony Miello

Kevin Leen

Brett Pinson

SCA

Jaimie Card Filler

Dustin Carson

Scott D.M. Simmons

WAC Comics

Justin Wasson

Mike Adams

Ray Curtis

Bruce O. Hughes

Dave Arhar

Penny Dreadful Press

Kevin Meinert

Dan Taylor

Eric Adams

Dustin Carson

Lastly, We have had a few problems with our email lists. If you have missed an installment of our updates, please direct you browser to www.comicrelated.com for recaps and the most expansive coverage of all thing GCCC as well as anything comic related.

If you manage a email list serve, please do not bounce this email to your recipients, without acknowledging that it is coming from you.

Drop me a line and tell me what you think of the Gem City Comic Con in general and let me know what you are looking forward to the most.

Till next time...

Jesse Noble

www.gemcitycomiccon.com.

Twitter.com: gemcityjess