• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF to get movie reboot

101 posts in this topic

How come, when I hammered these two FF movies upon release, was I mercilessly bashed while FF1 and FF2 were put up as "fun popcorn movies" and the majority of the forum loved them?

Now, after you've all had a chance to wallow in their mediocrity, you've all jumped on the JC Bandwagon?

I still like love them. They are my longest awaited movies for as long as I could remember.

(thumbs u

FF#2 was a very entertaining movie, I've watched it about 8 times now with my nieces. They did a great job with the Surfer and I'm looking forward to a solo Surfer movie. Love how they showed the Surfer coming through the building in slow motion and part where he grabs the Torch by the neck and take him for a ride into space. This is super cool stuff that I'm sure any kid that watched it will remember it for a very long time and will recount their experiences on these boards 20 years from now.

How come, when I hammered these two FF movies upon release, was I mercilessly bashed while FF1 and FF2 were put up as "fun popcorn movies" and the majority of the forum loved them?

Now, after you've all had a chance to wallow in their mediocrity, you've all jumped on the JC Bandwagon?

Ive been on that bandwagon since day one... Id rather see a good story and character development (as well as good casting) than sacrifice all of that for over the top (badly) CGI based action scenes.

Jessica Alba, as much as I love her, isnt sue storm. I guess they couldnt find a blonde haired blue eyed girl in hollywood. :makepoint:

JC can't you ever enjoy anything? You probably complained about the camera angles on Ben Hur or the music on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

seriously? even if you got an answer to that straw man, what would be the point?

The *point* is that there is never a bad funny book movie at release - they're all great, superlative, gotta-see epics, etc. and it's only *after* they've made their BO $$$ and been released on DVD that anyone even admits these POS flicks sucked.

It's just the standard "must protect all comic-based properties until they make a profit" fanboy mentality at work. meh

seriously? even if you got an answer to that straw man, what would be the point?

The *point* is that there is never a bad funny book movie at release - they're all great, superlative, gotta-see epics, etc. and it's only *after* they've made their BO $$$ and been released on DVD that anyone even admits these POS flicks sucked.

It's just the standard "must protect all comic-based properties until they make a profit" fanboy mentality at work. meh

What about Punisher War Zone? I didn't hear about a single person who liked it.

What about Punisher War Zone? I didn't hear about a single person who liked it.

No one saw it, and there was surprise echoed that it was even released.

Now, the Jane Punisher movie on the other hand, was pure excrement, but about 96% "Board Approved" in reviews.

If Jessica Alba does not come back as Sue... I refuse to watch the movie rantrant

Jessica Alba was never a good Sue...they only chose her casue she was the flavor of the month when the movie was made.

Bad choice.

The FF movies were astic and unbearable unless you were younger than 10 or a rabid fanboy. I couldn’t even get all the way through the second one. The dialogue and characterization were excruciatingly poor. Its not impossible to make a fantasy/action/sci-fi movie for grown-ups or for all ages, but that’s how it seemed with those duds.

I agree. I tried to watch the second one just the other day (it was on one of the HBO's). Only saw bits and pieces of it (Reed dancing, Surfer captured, Johnny becoming "4-in1"). Terrible. Made me sad.

I always thought (even before the first one was made) that the best way to do the FF would be to CGI it, ala The Incredibles. (shrug)

What's up, Bro? :applause:

She looked fine in the first movie, but fans thought she looked too tanned to play Sue Storm

She looked good but she didn't look like a good Sue Storm, man.

Sue storm was always curvy, a bit older and blonde.

She looked fine in the first movie, but fans thought she looked too tanned to play Sue Storm

That's cause she WAS too tan to play Sue. Have you seen Sue in the books? It looks like she avoids the sun like the plague.

Jessica was lookin' fine in this and every other movie she's been in, but not a convincing Sue Storm.

What do you guys think of a Naomi Watts Sue?