• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF to get movie reboot

101 posts in this topic

Naomi Watts looks as much like Sue Storm as Tom Waits.

Got a runner-up in mind?

Naomi Watts looks as much like Sue Storm as Tom Waits.

Especially when Sue is drawn by Kirby. :sick:

At the time the first movie came out, the smart money was to sign Rachel McAdams, but as she was just starting to break out in Hollywood, they saved a few bucks and went with fanboy-nerd-fave Alba.

And they were dead wrong, as everyone now knows. Dead wrong.

Put Rachel McAdams into Fantastic Four 2 and I would consider watching it again.

I don't remember you actually liking Spider Man 2....really?

I know we both despised #3, but I thought I remembered you being kind of tepid to 2.

She does tend to stick with bigger or more serious roles.

Yeah, I can't decide which was more serious, when the little dead girl from the well was killing people through the magic VCR tape or when she was doing the half-naked juggling act to entertain the 60 foot tall gorilla.

Never realized how beautiful she was until I saw her in person at the Toronto Film Festival several years ago. She's also extremely down to earth, charming and personable.

I have yet to find a pic that does her any real justice. Some actors/actresses are just more photogenic than others. Some look better in person, others on camera. She's better in person, BY FAR.

I've also had this discussion with many people in real life, and few see what I see, so I'm not going to say you're on crack. You're just wrong. :baiting:

I like Alba, Biel and Fox as much as the next guy, but Naomi is the queen.

I know we both despised #3, but I thought I remembered you being kind of tepid to 2.

Spidey 2 is okay, I just don't adhere to this bizarre notion that it's superior to 1 or is "one of the best superhero movies ever made". I remember when this came out, and the fanboys were gushing like it was the second coming of Christ. :screwy:

She does tend to stick with bigger or more serious roles.

Yeah, I can't decide which was more serious, when the little dead girl from the well was killing people through the magic VCR tape or when she was doing the half-naked juggling act to entertain the 60 foot tall gorilla.

I said bigger OR more serious...

I'd definitely consider King Kong to be a big role. A classic story as done by the same guy that did the huge blockbuster Lord of the RIngs movies.

I can't explain the Ring, though. I'm not really sure why they keep making those. I've seen the foreign version of all of those movies (The Ring, The Eye, The Grudge, etc) and they're all missing something once they're translated.

My God, but King Kong was a POS movie - just watching that sequence where Kong *rescues* here from the dinos is pure hilarity - she would have been jelly about 2 seconds in, yet survives the entire ordeal unharmed.

One friend with me laughed and said "is she supposed to be Supergirl or something" - and he was spot on. Ms. Indestructible - so why's she worried about anything?

Spidey 2 is okay, I just don't adhere to this bizarre notion that it's superior to 1 or is "one of the best superhero movies ever made". I remember when this came out, and the fanboys were gushing like it was the second coming of Christ. :screwy:

Why would that notion have to be "bizarre"?

The CGI was much improved and there was a genuine feeling of emotion in the story. You liked 1 better, OK, but "bizarre"?

Oh God....I must be.... a fanboy. meh

Never realized how beautiful she was until I saw her in person at the Toronto Film Festival several years ago. She's also extremely down to earth, charming and personable.

I have yet to find a pic that does her any real justice. Some actors/actresses are just more photogenic than others. Some look better in person, others on camera. She's better in person, BY FAR.

I've also had this discussion with many people in real life, and few see what I see, so I'm not going to say you're on crack. You're just wrong. :baiting:

I like Alba, Biel and Fox as much as the next guy, but Naomi is the queen.

I'll go with that. Many people are not photogenic and look better in person.

She's still a skinny, blonde, tiny thing that isn't my type. I prefer a bit more weight, darker complexion and darker hair. Personal taste.

I know enough to know that what is beautiful to me doesn't need to be beautiful to someone else.

Having said that Rachel McAdams is THE perfect Invisible Girl. She looks the part, can act, she'll pull numbers. In fact when JC posted that pic it struck me that she is likely better for that role than any other comic book character that has been cast to date with the exception of Johnny Storm. He was spot on too.

R.