• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Bad

7 posts in this topic

Adv Unk 1 - Fine/Very Fine????????

OK - so check the auction pic and then look at the same pick with just the brightness and contrast altered.

Below is the auction pic:

advunk1-orig.jpg

Below is the pic with a heck of a lot more color breaking creases:

advunk1-lite.jpg

Or is it just me and this really is a F/VF???????

where did you get the other pic i would say 5.0-6.0

Other pic is that pic just lightened in Photo Editor. There has definitely been electronic manipulation of the image beyond the norm. I used to own a nice copy of that book and those neon colors were just not hapening there.

Geez pov....you're full of tricks...I seem to always learn something new from you that truly comes in useful in the real world... thumbsup2.gif

I'll tell you - it is the easiest thing to do. Go to the auction and supersize if available. Right click the image and COPY. Open a program like Adobe or Photo Editor and Paste it into a new image. Then just fiddle with the brightness, contrst and gamma. I have passed on a lot of books that way - but seeing an Adventures Into The Unknown #1 got me excited but seeing the end result kind of brought out the activist in me! grin.gif