• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 vintage television segments about my old LCS's

4 posts in this topic

Found these posted on YouTube.

The first clip is from an old show called PM Magazine. Some of my "older" fellow members will remember this piece of fluff that was hosted by local on-air "celebrities" in various cities around the country.

Anyhoo, the shop featured is the old Acme Comics that was located in a defunct diner in downtown Greensboro. John Hitchcock, the current owner of Parts Unknown (also in Greensboro) is featured as the then manager of Acme.

I spent many an hour in this old store, talking about books, artists, movies and baseball. Pretty simple piece, but it was really cool to find it.

This next clip is from the local station in Greensboro, WFMY. It features Al Williamson, George Evans, and Dave Stevens, who all appeared for one of John's early conventions in 1990. I was able to attend this show and was fortunate enough to meet all of these guys and hang out with them awhile. Al will always be my favorite artist, but George was one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the hobby. Dave was a class act too. I thought it was really cool to find this old piece.

Like I said, nothing earth shattering here, and I know it means more to me that it will to you, but it is always cool to see comics profiled on television.

Scott

You mean you would read comics WHILE playing 'Wild Thing' in the background? (worship) Now if only I would have been the "Oh mess! I'm pregnant I guess we had better get married" baby instead of my older sister and I would have experienced more of the eighties. :sorry: