• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HG Marvel Spotlight #5?

44 posts in this topic

I'm looking to possibly pick up a few more high grade (8.5 and up) Marvel Spotlight #5s but all issues (regardless of grade) now seem to be out of stock everywhere I look (except eBay for lower grades). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jak

Are you trying to cash in on the movie hype in the coming future? gossip.gif

I just really like that book and it's started to occur to me how hard it is to find in high grades with all that black on the cover. Now it's kind of like a personal mission, although if I end up with more than a few I won't deny that I'll have them all (except the one I keep for myself) on eBay ready for the movie hype machine. smile.gif

smile.gif The thing about ebay is that raw grading stinks. I just recently had a run in with jerrybyrnes. I always bought CGC books from him, but recently took a chance on some Monster On the Prowls and was disappointed with the overgrades. He was sort of a 8===D about it so I decided not to even bother returning them since the cost of postage was a high percentage of the initial costs of the books and did not justify the hassle of me wasting my time to do so.

:) The thing about ebay is that raw grading stinks. I just recently had a run in with jerrybyrnes. I always bought CGC books from him, but recently took a chance on some Monster On the Prowls and was disappointed with the overgrades. He was sort of a 8===D about it so I decided not to even bother returning them since the cost of postage was a high percentage of the initial costs of the books and did not justify the hassle of me wasting my time to do so.
shocked.gif How much was it overgraded by? crazy.gif

I just recently had a run in with jerrybyrnes. I always bought CGC books from him, but recently took a chance on some Monster On the Prowls and was disappointed with the overgrades.

I've noticed that he gets some nice CGC grades, then suddenly appears with all these "NM Raw" comics right after, that don't look anywhere as nice as his CGC 9.4-9.6 copies.

Maybe he's just blowing off copies that didn't meet the 9.4 pre-screen? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep eBay can be irritating sometimes. It's either pay out the nose for properly graded books, or take a chance on some of the ridiculous notions out there as to what the grades really mean. Every once in a while you luck out, but it's a gamble definitely.

:) The thing about ebay is that raw grading stinks. I just recently had a run in with jerrybyrnes. I always bought CGC books from him, but recently took a chance on some Monster On the Prowls and was disappointed with the overgrades. He was sort of a 8===D about it so I decided not to even bother returning them since the cost of postage was a high percentage of the initial costs of the books and did not justify the hassle of me wasting my time to do so.
shocked.gif How much was it overgraded by? crazy.gif

It's in my overgrader thread tongue.gif Linked to the POS books link wink.gif