• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sensation 11: the stories

27 posts in this topic

Yes, indeedy, that did look interesting! But alas, I can only write up the comics I own.

There are so many collectors who don't bother with the golden age, or think of it as too long ago ("it has nothing to do with me. I'm only into the bronze age." That sort of thing). Well, I wasn't around in the 40's either, but all you have to do is read these things and it's like hopping in a time capsule. You get such a feel for the times and culture, the invasive sense of war, the lingo of the day, in short, all sorts of pop culture, political and social footprints, etc. On top of that, you get really interesting, original stories and some great art.

I wrote these when I used to post on Compuserve and racdu, so that I could share what I found so fascinating about these books. Back then, there were very few archives (none for Wonder Woman at that time) so this was the first time many of those comic fans had any exposure to them. It was a lot of fun.

-- Joanna

Thanks Joanna, I just realized Sensation #11 has been reprinted in an Archives edition, so any comics scholars interested already have access to it.

But since Comics-by-Joanna are so much more entertaining than the originals, I suppose it is possible no one has noticed the story until now... smirk.gif

Cheers,

Z.

Those archives are fantastic! As soon as I can get some extra money together, I'm going to buy the Wonder Woman volumes 2 and 3. I see them on ebay all the time, but they're a tad expensive.

As far as I know, only the WW story from Sensation 11 has been reprinted. Unless there are reprints of Mr. Terrific or Wildcat, etc., the only way to read those stories is to buy the original (or read my silly synopses).

Since several of you had a good time with these stories, I'll see if I can't get a few more posted this week.

-- Joanna