• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If anyone here won...

6 posts in this topic

I actually thought that I won the book. After I placed my max bid, which was quite higher than the hammer price, the site seemed to acknowledge that I was current high bidder. All of a sudden, the return screen says that "this book has been sold" but not on my account.

I assume my bid didn't register fast enough, as there were 30 seconds or so remaining in the auction. I wasn't trying to snipe, because they extend the bidding anyway, I simply didn't realize that it was going off until the last minute.

Since I was the higher bidder, I wanted to know if the buyer wanted to do a quick flip of the book.

Moral of the story : You snooze, you lose. :whatev:

I actually thought that I won the book. After I placed my max bid, which was quite higher than the hammer price, the site seemed to acknowledge that I was current high bidder. All of a sudden, the return screen says that "this book has been sold" but not on my account.

I assume my bid didn't register fast enough, as there were 30 seconds or so remaining in the auction. I wasn't trying to snipe, because they extend the bidding anyway, I simply didn't realize that it was going off until the last minute.

Since I was the higher bidder, I wanted to know if the buyer wanted to do a quick flip of the book.

Moral of the story : You snooze, you lose. :whatev:

Talk to Metro about it. Jive had a similar problem which he mentioned in a GA thread where he clearly won his book and then ten minutes after the auction ended his winning price jumped by $600.

They've cleared it up since.

R.

That's a great way to handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if Metro was willing to contact the seller for you to broker the flip if he was interested. Everyone ends up happy - the winner gets a bit of money without having to do anything, you get the book at the price you were willing to pay and Metro makes everyone happier. (Of course, the guy could just want his FF#2 and then sadness encircles the globe.)