• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I believe Amy Poehler said it best:

REALLY_SNL_AIGflv-1.jpg

Barrington - The King of Private Auctions.

:applause:

In reality, that book should sell for well over $350. We'll see if the private auction drastically hurts the final results.

Your Barrington mancrush notwithstanding . . . :whistle:

:luhv:

Just glad my dual-searching for this book in 9.8 is over.

No doubt. The 9.6 I subbed for Vigil and O'Barr at Motor City held it's grade ( i really though it had a strong 9.8 chance, but you never know when they are in the slab) so that is a nice upgrade from my 9.2 OO SS copy.

Edited by seanfingh

No doubt. The 9.6 I subbed for Vigil and O'Barr at Motor City held it's grade ( i really though it had a strong 9.8 chance, but you never know when they are in the slab) so that is a nice upgrade from my 9.2 OO SS copy.

Dual signatures? WOW!

Please post that picture when you get this back. I bet it looks fantastic.

Dual signatures? WOW!

Please post that picture when you get this back. I bet it looks fantastic.

Coming soon to the Copper Pride and Joy thread. :)

You guys have to see this!

I just love the description

THE CROW 1 NM/MINT! 9.8 WHITE PAGES! PGX- NOT CGC.

MIND STAGGERING PERFECTION! 1ST PRINTING! CASE PERFECT! :roflmao:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROW-1-NM-MINT-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-PGX-NOT-CGC-/120588632269?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c13a480cd

Edited by Mr 9.8

OK, who is going to double dog dare me to buy it? lol

At $20....I will buy it..

Recently I sold a 9.6 PGX graded " buy it now " for $150.

One problem on the seller's information. I just checked the PGX census ( :roflmao: ), and I couldn't even find a Crow 1 PGX 9.6 listed.

OK, who is going to double dog dare me to buy it? lol

At $20....I will buy it..

Recently I sold a 9.6 PGX graded " buy it now " for $150.

One problem on the seller's information. I just checked the PGX census ( :roflmao: ), and I couldn't even find a Crow 1 PGX 9.6 listed.

What's bothering me is, what's going on with top edge on the left and the right top corner in some photos? Doesn't look to 9.8-like to me. (shrug)

Doc Joe's book will remain the sharpest looking CGC 9.8 #1 to grade books by now forever.

What's bothering me is, what's going on with top edge on the left and the right top corner in some photos? Doesn't look to 9.8-like to me. (shrug)

I did notice that, and especially the upper right-hand corner seems a tad curved in.

Doc Joe's book will remain the sharpest looking CGC 9.8 #1 to grade books by now forever.

I guess you forgot about Comix4fun's Crow 1 CGC 9.8, which is simply stunning.

And of course, two others I know of. :whistle:

I did notice that, and especially the upper right-hand corner seems a tad curved in.

I guess you forgot about Comix4fun's Crow 1 CGC 9.8, which is simply stunning.

And of course, two others I know of. :whistle:

Yup, your CGC 9.8 #1s, are simply gorgeous too, especially compared with Jen's weak 9.6. She keeps telling me she wants one now, to fit in(and a stronger 9.8 Caliber Presents #1). I think she said her favorite graded Crow book is the one Michael sold her(Caliber Christmas SS in red). I wanted that book when it came in too.