• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

Hey there folks.

I am sure deep in the threads somewhere this has been touched upon before, but this is one of my favorite series of the 80's. Especially since O'Barr's life experience with the death of his girlfriend drove him to pour out a work of art that is timeless.

Anyone else a nut over the depth of the early work? I made the mistake of selling my originals off years ago, and have been slowly rebuilding my collection.

Edited by Bosco685

The Crow is a really amazing series. I saw the movie first and then went back and picked up the trade. As good as the movie was, and even weighed down with the tragic death of Brandon Lee, it still could not convey the crushing sense of melancholy and existential angst that the comic produced. I think it is a masterpiece, and O'Barr's artwork holds up strongly as well. I got my 1 and 2 and a Caliber Presents auto'd by him at WWTX, this year, but I didn't think to have him sign the back cover of the CP. Nice work, Chris.

One of the best storylines in comics EVER!

I am still kicking myself for missing out on JJ's Caliber Presents 1 CGC 9.6 he sold a few months ago.

Last time I saw the complete set sold CGC'd was on ComicLink back in December. Prices were not even that bad at all.

Those Caliber books were bought and read! Most raw copies you see at cons are beat up. I bought all mine already slabbed with the exception of the CP that I SS'd. What was JJ selling the CP for?

Those Caliber books were bought and read! Most raw copies you see at cons are beat up. I bought all mine already slabbed with the exception of the CP that I SS'd. What was JJ selling the CP for?

$125 for a CGC 9.6. I just took 30 minutes too long in getting to the thread. Ugh!

CROW.jpg

:o

That drawing is gorgeous!

I have to take a picture of a print O'Barr sent me years ago. I was raising money for my boy scout troop I was helping out with, and called every company to ask for donations to go towards a comic charity.

O'Barr was so cool about it, he sent an extra item with a note of appreciation for what I was doing. I lost the note years ago, but never the print.