• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Thanks. My favorite is the SDCC book - O'Barr actually asked us (me and JJ who was witnessing) whether Don Martin was dead. When we confirmed it, he drew the crow on top of the Don Martin character's head and added the crow-esque makeup as well.

Now that is cool!

O'Barr is signing books today at the Chicago show. Who has something submitted?

Yeah, a couple of things ...

Nice haul!

They'll be another Caliber Presents 1 and two Deadworld 10's, though I'm not sure of the grades yet.

Those were the ones that Brad had, right? Nice books.

O'Barr is signing books today at the Chicago show. Who has something submitted?

Yeah, a couple of things ...

Nice haul!

They'll be another Caliber Presents 1 and two Deadworld 10's, though I'm not sure of the grades yet.

Those were the ones that Brad had, right? Nice books.

Exactly! And thanks.

That was my last Caliber Presents 1, so hopefully it goes out with a bang. One of the two Deadworld 10's is the best I have ever found, so we'll see how it does.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

That was my last Caliber Presents 1, so hopefully it goes out with a bang. One of the two Deadworld 10's is the best I have ever found, so we'll see how it does.

Good Luck! :wishluck:

Thanks Jerel.

Brad was going to try and have O'Barr sign the back and Vigil sign the front on the Caliber Presents.

:cloud9:

Thanks Jerel.

Brad was going to try and have O'Barr sign the back and Vigil sign the front on the Caliber Presents.

Awesome :applause:

The CGC census gets updated tomorrow, so we'll see all the changes that took place from what Gemma explained to me last week.

I have two other books, non-Crow related (I know - shocker) that I'll be very interested to see what they come up as.

Thanks Jerel.

Awesome :applause:
That was what I did at the con but mine got manhandled by James as he made fun of Vigil's signature on the cover as he flopped my book in the SS witness's face. Well I think it went from 9.6 to 9.4 but what he saying was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing and he was doing thing that was straight Andy Kaufman :roflmao: and made me smile everyday when I walked by his table as he talk about life and other artists. I hope he is back next year.

That was what I did at the con but mine got manhandled by James as he made fun of Vigil's signature on the cover as he flopped my book in the SS witness's face. Well I think it went from 9.6 to 9.4 but what he saying was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing and he was doing thing that was straight Andy Kaufman :roflmao: and made me smile everyday when I walked by his table as he talk about life and other artists. I hope he is back next year.

:eek: and :D at the same time.

I hope your book is at least a 9.4, though glad the experience was a good one.

:wishluck:

ccc10-death-rattle-3-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

I had a feeling one of these was going to end up in a 9.8 case one day, and even better with a signature. It's actually a neat little book, with some interesting additional artwork from the original series.

:applause:

I believe this is the first one to even be graded, as all the others shown are from the original Death Rattle series.

ccc10-death-rattle-3-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

I had a feeling one of these was going to end up in a 9.8 case one day, and even better with a signature. It's actually a neat little book, with some interesting additional artwork from the original series.

:applause:

I believe this is the first one to even be graded, as all the others shown are from the original Death Rattle series.

I still have at least 15 copies of this book that I ordered through Diamond when they were released. Most have never seen the light of day. So if any one wants one, or more, I can probably oblige without a problem.

I still have at least 15 copies of this book that I ordered through Diamond when they were released. Most have never seen the light of day. So if any one wants one, or more, I can probably oblige without a problem.

:shy:

hm

Well, Michael's books show up in the updated CGC Census, but surprisingly enough there are TWO Crow 1 CGC SS 9.8's now.

:o:o

Either Doc Joe had his signed, or someone submitted a raw copy and really won out.

For some reason, my books are not showing up in the census yet.

:(

102965.jpg.f0040f14196f80ea0c9ff34dc3b48fac.jpg

:eek: and :D at the same time.

I hope your book is at least a 9.4, though glad the experience was a good one.

:wishluck:

Thank you. I think James liked me but not the idea of him doing SS CGC. I also met the guy who had the 9.8 of Caliber Presents and he told me he had his dual signed too and he had another guy next to him with a stack of nice raw Crow books too. I was seeing this was the book to have and sell at the con. One booth had a set for $100 EACH and I might pay that for his #1 but not #2-4 even though I wanted to get them from this guy. My copy was pure black, no color brakes and straight perfect flat with a minor manufacturing defect that with pressing would of fixed. It had a 50/50 of getting 9.8 if the defect is over looked. I should of had CGC put on the label "James O'barr Manhandled copy" so if I sell it will get some hype to it and I would laugh and really Treasured it if O'barr smacked the witness in the face when talking how fruity Vigil's signature looked to him. Well Bosco I guess it will match my Razor Annual in my independent collection when ever I get it back from CGC lol .

I also met the guy who had the 9.8 of Caliber Presents and he told me he had his dual signed too and he another guy next to him with a stack of raw Crow books too.

What do you mean 9.8 Caliber Presents 1? Do you mean Brad?

And I joined the RA1 9.6 crowd, and I'm okay with that. :cloud9:

RA1_96s.jpg

I saw both 9.8 Crow #1 SS copies. One was Michael and the other was a friend of mine on the boards here, not sure if they want it spilled or not. So both were done at WWChicago!

Thanks JJ for the confirmation. Assumed as much.