• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I am really sorry for what happened. It doesn't make any sense, though. It certainly isn't the first copy of that book that he has signed with vigils sig on it. And he has even signed at least one (mine) on the front cover, which he never used to do. Very weird and disturbing.

I actually thought of your Caliber Presents 1 when I was informed what happened, and how it didn't make sense at all.

So unless they had a recent falling out, we shall see what arrives back. The way Brad shadowboxed my book so Vigil could sign the front and O'Barr the back without smearing the ink, it should be safe.

I'm just hoping what I was told was a joke. It would be disappointing to hear O'Barr did this to someone's book without thinking of how a fan would feel about their item being damaged.

I am really sorry for what happened. It doesn't make any sense, though. It certainly isn't the first copy of that book that he has signed with vigils sig on it. And he has even signed at least one (mine) on the front cover, which he never used to do. Very weird and disturbing.

I actually thought of your Caliber Presents 1 when I was informed what happened, and how it didn't make sense at all.

So unless they had a recent falling out, we shall see what arrives back. The way Brad shadowboxed my book so Vigil could sign the front and O'Barr the back without smearing the ink, it should be safe.

I'm just hoping what I was told was a joke. It would be disappointing to hear O'Barr did this to someone's book without thinking of how a fan would feel about their item being damaged.

I have wrote bad things to or about people only when someone starts with me and I was hoping that I wasn't the only one this has happened to by Mr. O'Barr. The only joke was me lying to myself about reasons why it happened because to me it was unreal because on Thursday of the con, we talk of artists, the type of workout we still do after the military (both of us were in the USMC) to stay in shape, his past girlfriends, David Macks past girlfriends, and so on. I stopped by his table throughout the 4 days. Helped with pictures for some Asian guy who getting sketches and litho almost everyday. I told him I liked the Batman sketch he had for sale as he was doing a Crow sketch on I think someone's Avengers blank cover (is that someone on here?).

That was my Avengers blank.

For Real....?

hm

:gossip: Did you tell O'Barr about my past trolling on the Board?? lol

:foryou: I said sorry before the con started.

doh! Now I got it on why on the last day of the con he was flipping and flapping my book by the corner. ;)

:jokealert: we are still cool (thumbs u but you know now on here I wasn't lying. I just need the people who where there to be boardies also to close out the rest of my story. Anybody? Anybody?

I guess I'm the only one that this happened to and maybe I will never know why. Heck, last years cons Lou Ferrigno was the Incredible Cranky when my daughter and I wanted to get a photo with him ( my hulk post ). So not the first time a person I looked up to and wanted to meet turned out to not be how I hoped at Wizard World.

On the positive side of that Lou didn't flip & flop my daughter or myself around in the air and at people around his table. :insane:

That was my Avengers blank.

For Real....?

hm

:gossip: Did you tell O'Barr about my past trolling on the Board?? lol

:foryou: I said sorry before the con started.

doh! Now I got it on why on the last day of the con he was flipping and flapping my book by the corner. ;)

:jokealert: we are still cool (thumbs u but you know now on here I wasn't lying. I just need the people who where there to be boardies also to close out the rest of my story. Anybody? Anybody?

Yep. I wanted to get an O'barr b/c I had missed him the last two shows.

And no, I did not encourage any bad actions by anyone. Roy says you are a good guy so that was all I needed to hear. He was trying to track you down on Saturday so we could shake hands.

I guess I'm the only one that this happened to and maybe I will never know why.

Please, you're making my stomach ache wondering about my book now. CGC can't grade these books fast enough now.

:(

I've gotten books signed by O'Barr at 4-5 different shows - I've never had any problems whatsoever. Just relax, dude.

Please, you're making my stomach ache wondering about my book now. CGC can't grade these books fast enough now.

I've gotten books signed by O'Barr at 4-5 different shows - I've never had any problems whatsoever. Just relax, dude.

Did you have him sign on the same day he went off about Vigil signing a book, which was then witnessed by one of the fans having their same exact book signed by him which Vigil signed beforehand?

No? Well then...

Put 'em up.

tongueout.jpg

:baiting:

Did you have him sign on the same day he went off about Vigil signing a book, which was then witnessed by one of the fans having their same exact book signed by him which Vigil signed beforehand?

No? Well then...

Put 'em up.

I have no clue when keldog had his weird experience with O'Barr - if it was during this previous Chicago Comic Con, then, yes, my books were signed the same day.

I have no clue when keldog had his weird experience with O'Barr - if it was during this previous Chicago Comic Con, then, yes, my books were signed the same day.

By Vigil and O'Barr, with Vigil signing first?

As far as relaxing, I hear ya. It is what it is, whether one book, many books, or no books were damaged.

Just having fun with the situation to lighten the mood.

No? Well then...

Put 'em up.

As I told Bosco685, it happened the last day of the show, I got a CGC witness, had Vigil sign it first because a guy who saw my copy and over heard I was getting O'Barr to sign it and said Vigil was sign at the show too, so Vigil for the front and O'Barr for the back. This were my story goes beyond what I thought it was going to be. James was at his table with a few people looking at his works, getting pictures, and signing stuff. So I waited till I could close to him to ask him to sign my book. I had the book laying on my comic bag and two back boards with the back cover with the Crow in it facing up because the CGC witness couldn't find the SS frame and told me I really don't need it :flamed: . I laid it on the table infront of him and :grin: as he signed it, he looked at me then the witness who was playing with his phone. Then he asked me in a calm voice if I had Vigil signed it and I said, "Yes sir." :) . He then picked up my book in the air by the upper left hand corner and a twisting flip back and forth to the front and back to the look at both signatures a couple of times. :o My face and pulse just dropped and he then flipped did it to the front cover and flopped it around into peoples faces at the table to show Vigil's signature to everyone as he talked how "flowery" gay like it is to me and even the CGC witness; who was still playing with his phone and I was wishing O'Barr smacked the witness in the face because he didn't do anything about. I didn't do anything either till it was given back to me; I just started to laugh as i walk back to the CGC table with the witness. That was all I could do because I lost so much in the past from my bad temper and no judge in Chicago would understand if I did let my anger out on Mr. O'Barr and (like said before on here) over just a book. To me it was unreal and my wife couldn't believe me that I wasn't mad and just kept laugh about it as we drove home. I just told her he did it because people try to make money off him, he don't like CGC, and must not like the other artist or did it as a Tony Clifton-ish joke for the crowd at his table. I'm just one person this happened to (I guess) and one person who is confused on what to do with all my Crow stuff this is in my independent comic collection and my DVD that I never opened which all lost meaning. So Mr. O'Barr's stuff is still good and like I told Bosco685 that he has done alot of good things for people in the past with every cent that he made from the movie because he was so against how it didn't follow everything from the books and how bad it made him feel about Brandon Lee's death, who he got very close to and his family. I will never know the real reason why or if someone said or did something before I got to his table and I showed up at the wrong time. I should not stop others from collecting the books or get them signed because they are classics and I shouldn't stop my daughter from wanting to open and watch my DVD that she keeps asking to about but I don't know if I could watch it with her yet.

That is crazy brother,when you got the book back did you inspect it to see if there was any damage done?Or does CGC just take it from you to get it graded right away. (shrug)

Now you see why the poor guy is upset. If this happened - and at this point I don't doubt Keldog - it is a real shame.

That is crazy brother,when you got the book back did you inspect it to see if there was any damage done?Or does CGC just take it from you to get it graded right away. (shrug)

Now you see why the poor guy is upset. If this happened - and at this point I don't doubt Keldog - it is a real shame.

Thank God Nick I got those Crow books from you already signed.Yes! :banana:

Morning folks.

I had an interesting experience on Ebay auctioning off my Crow 1 CGC 9.6 Second Print. The winning bidder, who had emailed me before and after the end of the auction what a huge fan she was, waited until the book arrived and then tried to reverse the payment through her bank as an unauthorized transaction.

That's the first time I have ever had this happen. Forunately, I use Delivery Confirmation for everything, so PayPal took note of this and cancelled the reversal.

If anyone has plans of auctioning Crow books on Ebay, and want to know the username in advance to make your own decision what to do, send me a PM. I did notice she has bought another Crow book from a seller I know of, so I wouldn't be surprised if she comes knocking at your door.