• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Wow! I never realized how low a print run Caliber Presents 1 was, for some reason I was thinking 50,000, this book just got a whole lot more attractive to me.

hm

Give it a week for my CP 1 to come back and I just may have a gorgeous CGC SS 9.4 for sale.

Anonther one! :roflmao:

You have to give Copper lovers a pass on this book. It is like a fever. God knows how many Bosco has gotten done. I have subbed two 9.4 Blues, a 9.2 Yellow and a 9.6 Blue that is now a 9.6 Yellow. I look at them all the time at shows to see if I can track down a raw 9.8. :insane:

Wow! I never realized how low a print run Caliber Presents 1 was, for some reason I was thinking 50,000, this book just got a whole lot more attractive to me.

hm

Give it a week for my CP 1 to come back and I just may have a gorgeous CGC SS 9.4 for sale.

You have to give Copper lovers a pass on this book. It is like a fever. God knows how many Bosco has gotten done. I have subbed two 9.4 Blues, a 9.2 Yellow and a 9.6 Blue that is now a 9.6 Yellow. I look at them all the time at shows to see if I can track down a raw 9.8. :insane:

I rememeber telling sexyghoul(Jen) after completing her set, "that's as good as they are gonna get." Boy, was I wrong. :roflmao:

I rememeber telling sexyghoul(Jen) after completing her set, "that's as good as they are gonna get." Boy, was I wrong. :roflmao:

You definitely did great work, Jerel. (worship)

Maybe I'll take a "William" collection group shot one day. :blush:

:applause:

Now let's hope you get great news as well, Keldog.

:wishluck:

It will be because I will hype it up as the rare "O'Barr manhandled variant". I will sell it on the "variant forum". There are very few of these. How you know it is from the thumb & pointer fingerprint that breaks the smooth black ink in the front & back cover's corner which add to something more rare; his DNA in the ink. This was done by KISS in the 1970's for Marvel but this has never been done for a Underground/Independent book ever. I'm trying to get CGC to have this and impact to the bottom of the book, dents/dings, and color breaks/ bends in the Grading Notes as part of the "variant" issue's look :baiting: . I had it witnessed by the SS witness on all of this being authentic from James himself. I hope it all pulls through so I have the only 9.9 or 10 (gift grade) of this variant on the CGC Census :wishluck: that it also graffitied signed by him :whee: . I will hold it till the new movie is out and then list it on EBAY or Heritage Auction Galleries . I'm think it will beat the price that the Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 9.8 will sell for.

hm

You should of found me because Roy want us to meet. My copy looked 9.6 or better to me. I had Matt from Classic Incorp. look at it because I always thought it was restored because how perfect black it was. He told me it wasn't and the nicest copy he has ever seen. doh! To bad he can't press a book that is SS and it not turn to a PLOD. I would of sold it for what I paid because I can't guess a dealer price for a book that did look like that. Any book I sell out of my collection :eek: when I need bill/debt money all are list on some auction site because I sell at a loss either way. :foryou: Would of been a good peace offering any ways if I knew you need it.

:applause:

Now let's hope you get great news as well, Keldog.

:wishluck:

It will be because I will hype it up as the rare "O'Barr manhandled variant". I will sell it on the "variant forum". There are very few of these. How you know it is from the thumb & pointer fingerprint that breaks the smooth black ink in the front & back cover's corner which add to something more rare; his DNA in the ink. This was done by KISS in the 1970's for Marvel but this has never been done for a Underground/Independent book ever. I'm trying to get CGC to have this and impact to the bottom of the book, dents/dings, and color breaks/ bends in the Grading Notes as part of the "variant" issue's look :baiting: . I had it witnessed by the SS witness on all of this being authentic from James himself. I hope it all pulls through so I have the only 9.9 or 10 (gift grade) of this variant on the CGC Census :wishluck: that it also graffitied signed by him :whee: . I will hold it till the new movie is out and then list it on EBAY or Heritage Auction Galleries . I'm think it will beat the price that the Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 9.8 will sell for.

Doesn't hurt to try & hope for the best. :insane:

hm

You should of found me because Roy want us to meet. My copy looked 9.6 or better to me. I had Matt from Classic Incorp. look at it because I always thought it was restored because how perfect black it was. He told me it wasn't and the nicest copy he has ever seen. doh! To bad he can't press a book that is SS and it not turn to a PLOD. I would of sold it for what I paid because I can't guess a dealer price for a book that did look like that. Any book I sell out of my collection :eek: when I need bill/debt money all are list on some auction site because I sell at a loss either way. :foryou: Would of been a good peace offering any ways if I knew you need it.

I think you can still have an SS book pressed. As long as the company has a CAW-type contract with CGC and the proper paperwork is filled out. You can PM joeypost or Matt to find out for sure.

hm

I think you can still have an SS book pressed. As long as the company has a CAW-type contract with CGC and the proper paperwork is filled out. You can PM Matt to find out for sure.

I asked Matt a year ago on a book that I sent to get SS and got impact corner damge by either the post office, person I sent it to, or buy CGC (shrug) . Well he can't do it. I asked a person who worked for CGC about this also and the person who would be doing the pressing would need to be a SS witness or have one to witness the process.

Well, I don't care about the grade it gets, it will match my other books that have gone wrong AFTER I get them back. Most of my books I find out are Restored with minor color touch are from when I went to cons as a kid in NJ before CGC was around. I'm glad some one elses will get a 9.8 only; if I owned the other 9.8 or even got a unlikly 9.9 then my "Charlie Brown" powers would of kicked in and the bottom would drop out on that book. So it had to happen so the comic universe has balance. :wishluck: Maybe it will get lost in the mail and CGC will pay what I valued it as. lol

Also I joke about my stress now a days in stead of being mad. I have nothing against Mr. O'Barr. I just wonder why he did what he did. I will never know till I ask him myself next year. So James went for one my favorite heroes to one of my favorite antiheros :applause: . His books are still kick@$$ to me.

I guess I'm the only one that this happened to and maybe I will never know why.

Please, you're making my stomach ache wondering about my book now. CGC can't grade these books fast enough now.

:(

I got my grades, and it definitely wasn't these books O'Barr may have damaged.

:whee:

Did you call them to get your grades and what did you get on each book?

Anyone else who have got there Crows graded back or called let us know on here.

Did you call them to get your grades and what did you get on each book?

Anyone else who have got there Crows graded back or called let us know on here.

Well, they're higher than a 9.0, but slightly less than a 10.0, and both have White Page quality.

I'll post some pictures once they are finally back in my hands. But I am very pleased!