• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Earl Shaw was at the Tampa show today. Since Earl's presence down the same aisle as me basically spelled my doom as a seller, I decided to hit his longboxes early on to salvage my day with some timely buying.

I did fish out a lot of cool stuff, but I think my hands down snag of the day has to be a Crow # 4 in dead NM+ for $3. I think its got a better then average shot at 9.8, which would make me one very happy JiveTurkey. :banana:

Earl Shaw was at the Tampa show today. Since Earl's presence down the same aisle as me basically spelled my doom as a seller, I decided to hit his longboxes early on to salvage my day with some timely buying.

I did fish out a lot of cool stuff, but I think my hands down snag of the day has to be a Crow # 4 in dead NM+ for $3. I think its got a better then average shot at 9.8, which would make me one very happy JiveTurkey. :banana:

I hate you.

On a related note, it'd be really nice if Earl Shaw would come to the West Coast at some point.

:(

I hate you.

On a related note, it'd be really nice if Earl Shaw would come to the West Coast at some point.

:(

I hate you too. I went through all of Earl's books in Atl a few weeks ago and saw a few beater and 2nd print Crow books.

I hate you too. I went through all of Earl's books in Atl a few weeks ago and saw a few beater and 2nd print Crow books.

And you passed on the 2nd print books? Do you know how tough those are to track down in high grade?

:ohnoez:

And you passed on the 2nd print books? Do you know how tough those are to track down in high grade?

doh!

IIRC,they weren't HG. I'm a hot mess when it comes to Copper/Indy books. :tonofbricks:

O'Barr is signing books today at the Chicago show. Who has something submitted?

Yeah, a couple of things ...

ccc10-caliber-christmas-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

ccc10-caliber-christmas-cgc-9.6-ss.jpg

ccc10-death-rattle-3-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

ccc10-crow-1-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

ccc10-sdcc-comics-2-cgc-9.8-ss.jpg

I think the Crow #1 is the only 9.8 SS copy so far?

WoW.

O'Barr is signing books today at the Chicago show. Who has something submitted?

Yeah, a couple of things ...

Nice haul!

They'll be another Caliber Presents 1 and two Deadworld 10's, though I'm not sure of the grades yet.

Thanks. My favorite is the SDCC book - O'Barr actually asked us (me and JJ who was witnessing) whether Don Martin was dead. When we confirmed it, he drew the crow on top of the Don Martin character's head and added the crow-esque makeup as well.