• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Oh great. Now Ryan Elliott/Vondoom has gotten into the Crow part of our hobby.

Beware - here there be scammers.

doh!

Wow, he's got a lot of pgx. lol

:gossip: Supposedly, he works for them. I think he is the 'senior-only" grader.

:o

Would'nt that be considered a conflict of interest,grading and selling? doh!

doh!

I now must steer this woderful thread from a possible PGX lock. :o

Lady Gaga?

lady-gaga.jpg

Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?

doh!

Lady Gaga?

lady-gaga.jpg

Wasn't she wearing a meat dress or something for a while?

doh!

Lady Gaga?

lady-gaga.jpg

Wasn't she wearing a meat dress or something for a while?
Yup. You would think she was from New Hampshire. lol

DSC09437.jpg

"Sarah Connor?"

Stating "PGX" is not like Mary Worth. It doesn't make people disappear, and threads are safe too.

Wait - what was that noise?

smiley-scared003.gif

So if I stand at a mirror and say ''PGX'' 3 times, pgx slabs won't fly out and kill me? :fear:

So if I stand at a mirror and say ''PGX'' 3 times, pgx slabs won't fly out and kill me? :fear:

No, but a wallet shark may attack you if you crack a PGX slab open to find out what is inside.

500x_custom_1273719681159_shark1.jpg

:applause:

Someone was asking how to identify later printings on Crow #1-4.

Look below the legend, and if it is a second or third printing on issues #1-2 or a second printing on #3, it will state it with the new printing date. #4 had no later printings.

Also, on Crow #3 when they created a second printing, they used a high-end paper for the cover. You will see this glossy shine to the cover while a first printing will have a flat cover.

Crow3_PGX003.jpg

Someone was asking how to identify later printings on Crow #1-4.

Look below the legend, and if it is a second or third printing on issues #1-2 or a second printing on #3, it will state it with the new printing date. #4 had no later printings.

Also, on Crow #3 when they created a second printing, they used a high-end paper for the cover. You will see this glossy shine to the cover while a first printing will have a flat cover.

Crow3_PGX003.jpg

Don't know how anyone could miss that... doh!

I missed it because it says "published 1989" but then like in the picture it states the printing years for the second and third printings at the very bottom. For instance my copy of #1 says published 1989 but at the bottom list the years for 2nd and 3rd, so I'm still a little confused. Did they already know they were going to make 2nd and 3rd printings in the 1st printing? (shrug) I know it may seem obvious but I'm getting the grasp of the finer things in comic collecting

I missed it because it says "published 1989" but then like in the picture it states the printing years for the second and third printings at the very bottom. For instance my copy of #1 says published 1989 but at the bottom list the years for 2nd and 3rd, so I'm still a little confused. Did they already know they were going to make 2nd and 3rd printings in the 1st printing? (shrug) I know it may seem obvious but I'm getting the grasp of the finer things in comic collecting

doh!

No. They kept the entire book layout the same, but used the area below the legend to note later on if it was a 2nd or 3rd printing with the new publication date for that latest printing. That's why the legend information still states "1989," but the lower portion clarifies it is a later printing and when this was printed.

That's the only difference except for Crow 3 second printing with the difference in cover paper quality.

bummer...I was being purposely oblivious to the obvious. It said published in 1989 but also listed the other printings, but I wanted to be hopeful and not think I got ripped off...and so begins the process of reacquiring my money through an ebay purchase gone wrong :(. Thank you everyone for the quick responses

Anyone ever heard of two versions of A Caliber Christmas #1?

I was checking the census, and noticed there were two listings for this book. One under "Caliber Comics," the other under "Caliber Press."

A Caliber Christmas 1

In checking with Gemma, who did some research, it appears there may be a 1998 version with only one copy in the census.