• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers vol.1 nº57, how much?!

22 posts in this topic

Yes, even raw... and of course, now that the trend is to price raw almost as if slabbed... you get it even more. If the 57 is a VF+ the price is overguide. VF, usually still overguide, but by not by much... below that, you'll still have to pay guide, but then it becomes a touch easier to negotiate...

certain "key" books are just easier to find sometimes. Avengers 4 although a major key, seems to be at most dealers' tables... but a 57 in NM, even VF/NM is sometimes actually harder to find.

How badly do you want one?.....

Not enought to be ripped off due to crazy speculators actions.

If you have one copie in the VF/NM range and are interested on selling it PM, but if you're looking for big bucks i'm not interested.

Raw of course, at worst i like to be ripped off one time, not several due to slabing...

Thanks

How nice the copy is can only be judged upon seeing it with an excellent scan or in person... if you can truly get that nice a copy (9.0) under guide, jump on it... you'll likely never see it again. Most raw copies that are 9.0 or better are over guide.

How nice the copy is can only be judged upon seeing it with an excellent scan or in person... if you can truly get that nice a copy (9.0) under guide, jump on it... you'll likely never see it again. Most raw copies that are 9.0 or better are over guide.

Is this book hard to come by in only the highest grades, or in general? Do you see many of them around at all? Just curious. Mine is a pretty nice copy, and with the leniency in grading for SA books, it might be a 9.0, but just as easily grade at 8.0 to 8.5. Just wondering if now is a good time to unload this.

I've seen one or more copies at every show I've been too. So, it's not a HTF book, just really tough in 9.0 or higher. The black/red cover makes it really tricky. Plus, that it's a semi-key for the SA (classic cover to boot). One of the tougher books that I've actively sought out.

Post a scan of yours, Terry. We'll trash, uh, I mean, grade it for you. laugh.gif

Chris

I've seen one or more copies at every show I've been too. So, it's not a HTF book, just really tough in 9.0 or higher. The black/red cover makes it really tricky. Plus, that it's a semi-key for the SA (classic cover to boot). One of the tougher books that I've actively sought out.

Post a scan of yours, Terry. We'll trash, uh, I mean, grade it for you. laugh.gif

Chris

If I only had a scanner, I'd definitely post it. I only have a digital camera, unfortunately, so it would probably look like one of those suspicious ebay auctions! 893frustrated.gif

As Chris said, finding the book itself is not a challenge in and of itself... the problem is in high grade. I haven't seen a true 9.0 raw for quite some time at a show, although I saw a couple of slabbed copies at the National in NY.

I actually don't have a problem of this being an overguide book in high grade, cause I just can't seem to find one...

To the ones who say it's impossible to get below the guide, here's one at almost half of the price guide...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2210090908&category=32726&rd=1

There was also another more gorgeous copie some time ago that went for less than 50$...

If someone has a great copie for sell...

To the ones who say it's impossible to get below the guide, here's one at almost half of the price guide...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2210090908&category=32726&rd=1

There was also another more gorgeous copie some time ago that went for less than 50$...

If someone has a great copie for sell...

impossible to get high grade slabbed foreheadslap.gif - the copy you showed had a small scan and probably did not show the creases in the black spine too well - email thunderlips and see if that book was a true VF/nm and we are talking vf/nm which is lower than NM which is what you are seeing the price for in the guide...