• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some sellers I tell...?!

31 posts in this topic

I feel like I'm being held hostage here, I won a graded book on E-bay a few days ago and it ended at a reasonable low price, I guess I lucked out but the seller quoted me a shipping cost that is half the price of that comic. The CGC comicbook ended at $40.00US and to ship it he tells me it's going to cost me $22.00US + plus insurance $2.00US. I tried to negotiate a more reasonable price for shipping. His description for delivery for international bidders would go through Fed-EX or UPS. But I believe the cost is too high.

Now I just received an E-mail outside of E-bay messaging form, telling me "you paid fotry for the book i will send it out the way i feel to grade the book cost more ok" What kind of a person to dictate a ramsom on shipping charge under fair auction activities.

What can I do resolve this sticky situation...... 893whatthe.gif

P.S. Oh my the way I'm from Canada......Great White North!!

There are two ways I'd go about this:

1) Drop it and tell him he can relist the book.

2) Tell him to eat dirt and Neg the SOB.

It's pretty obvious he is jacking the S&H rates so you either drop the deal or pay his "loss" out in extra charges.

If you actually pay to have it delivered UPS or Fedex, count on $40+ in brokerage, customs and tax bills just to get the package. No way you should pay, and watch out for "Courier Only" EBay auctions, as you'll pay through the nose.

I ran into a guy like this, and took Option #2, and it never felt so good. Only neg I've ever got, but I don't regret it a bit.

What I want to know is if he graded the book VF-, why in the Heck did he ever send it to CGC to be graded in the first place?

And if he didn't send it in, why should he care how much it cost to get graded?

Tell him he's crazy if he wants you to pay $40.00. Yes, it will probably cost him $13-14 to ship because your in Canada, but atleast that's more reasonable.

Good Luck.

Well judging by the listing this guy is a shipping profiteer....first of all...shipping could be made coast to coast in the US for $6.35 via USPS priority and insurance on this item would only be $1.30...

So as far as I can tell he is trying to pad his pocket by overcharging you...Methinks your negotiations aren't going to work in your favor.... confused-smiley-013.gif

I appreciate the "options" to choices from ...Joe and will make him sweat it out a bit I guess before I chooses one of them. But why blatantly suggest an outrageous delivery cost is beyond me..... 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

The thing to keep in mind is that you CANNOT win. If you pay, you'll continue paying UPS or Fedex anyway, and certainly more than it's costing you to ship it.

Here's the breakdown:

Book: $40 US

S&H: $24 US

Brokerage/Customs: $25-$30 US

Cost of owning a CGC 8.0 Captain America..... not freaking worth it!! 893frustrated.gif

I also want to know who is shipping a CGC book coast to coast for $6.35 - what are you packing it in, tissue paper? grin.gif

hi.gif I sent this with an MOKF 57 to realitytrip in San Francisco, CA from VA for $5.75 priority with delivery confirmation. I used the free priority box, 2 pieces of hard carton, cut to exceed the surface of the slab just right to protect from stress, then it was wrapped in bubble wrap and secured immobile in the box with peanuts. I think it was 1 lb 8 ozs; if you keep it under 2 lbs 1 oz, then you too can ship across the country for cheap. I usually use a diamond box from my LCS to ship and since those are heavier but afford more protection then it costs around $8+ to ship across country once the wt goes over 2lbs 1 oz...one thing youcan do is trim the flaps on the diamond box. You really only need 2 flaps to meet in the center so you can tape it. Cut the rest of the flaps off and lighten your load and the drain on the customers pocket smile.gif

If you double box them it goes to 3 pounds (1 or 2 CGC books).

Shipping from Zone 1 to 8 = $8.55

Sig. Con = $1.80 and ins for $300 = $4.20

$14.55

Those charges can add up fast... tongue.gif

When I sold my CGC books on eBay every winner was in Zone 8 and they added up to $200-$300 each pacakge so I chose to double box.

He can ship the book to me, I'll send it to you. I also want to know who is shipping a CGC book coast to coast for $6.35 - what are you packing it in, tissue paper? grin.gif

You can easily do this by using the free boxes that the USPS supplies for free! thumbsup2.gif Packing peanuts tend to keep the weight to a bare minimum wink.gif