• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Wolverine movie problem

44 posts in this topic

OML has been a great read.. Is Wolverine Origins worth the read?

HELL YEH it's worth the read!!! One of the first hardcovers I bought an it brought me back to comics after my hiatus. If you haven't read it, it's a must!

So I'm at the gym watching tv and I see Wolverine as a kid... with claws!! in the new preview. WTF??

It's a long story....

So I'm at the gym watching tv and I see Wolverine as a kid... with claws!! in the new preview. WTF??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/faq#.2.1.24

Who is the child in the trailer with claws like Wolverine?

The child in the trailer has confused a lot of people unfamiliar with Wolverine's backstory. This child is Wolverine. Many people think Wolverine's claws were obtained after his experience at Weapon X. This is not true. If you look closely, you can see that the young Wolverine's claws are made of bone instead of adamantium. This is because Wolverine's claws were originally sharp, retractable bones. Because they were bones, they are part of his skeleton. When his skeleton was laced with adamantium, so were the claws. That is why the adult Wolverine has metal claws, while young Wolverine does not. This was discovered in the comic continuity when Magneto ripped the adamantium off of Wolverine's skeleton, and he still had claws made from bone

wolverine-first-claws.jpg

519MjsZTeAL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/faq#.2.1.24

Who is the child in the trailer with claws like Wolverine?

The child in the trailer has confused a lot of people unfamiliar with Wolverine's backstory. This child is Wolverine. Many people think Wolverine's claws were obtained after his experience at Weapon X. This is not true. If you look closely, you can see that the young Wolverine's claws are made of bone instead of adamantium. This is because Wolverine's claws were originally sharp, retractable bones. Because they were bones, they are part of his skeleton. When his skeleton was laced with adamantium, so were the claws. That is why the adult Wolverine has metal claws, while young Wolverine does not. This was discovered in the comic continuity when Magneto ripped the adamantium off of Wolverine's skeleton, and he still had claws made from bone

wolverine-first-claws.jpg

519MjsZTeAL._SS500_.jpg

nice, I was trying to find an image of James popping his claws for the first time in the book

Make sure you read ORIGIN and not OriginS

origin.jpgoriginwolvtitle.jpg

That's the one. Would be a great read before the movie. I'll probably pull mine out and read it again before I see the flick...