• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small lot of low grade GA - 4 Color, Dennis the Menace, Terrytoons, & Others

8 posts in this topic

Small lot of a few low grade Four Color books and some other GA books. I bought them to read, read them and thought I would pass them on to another board member if anyone was interested in them.

Guide for everything is around $110 - $120. I would like to get $44 shipped boxed priority anywhere in the U.S., which is basically what I paid ($2 average per book), plus the cost of priority flat rate shipping. I would have to calculate the postage for any board members in Canada or overseas if there is interest.

Payment terms are Paypal or U.S. Postal Money Order.

These books were bought a few months ago at an estate sale. I kind of wish I would have bought the whole chest full, but I only had $40 with me at the time. Because they were kept in a wooden chest in the basement, they do have a musty smell. A few of them have foxing and slight soiling also, which I have factored into the grading.

Below is the list. If I have any notes about specific defects, then I will list them. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or ask in the thread.

Four Color 276 - Uncle Wiggily - 1.5

Four Color 549 - Oswald the Rabbit - 4.0

Four Color 740 - Chilly Willy - 3.5

Four Color 853 - Pluto - 4.5 (bit of rust lower staple)

Four Color 1084 - Speedy Gonzales - 3.5

Adventures of Mighty Mouse 5 - 1.0 (cover barely hanging on)

Dennis the Menace 6 - .5 (Cover detached, other defects are pretty apparent. Fun book to read though.)

Egbert 19 - 2.5 (1/2" spine split bottom, spine split at the top that also tears into the cover 1", slight rust on staples)

Little Roquefort 4 - 3.0

MGM's Spike & Tyke 5 - 3.0/3.5 (foxing/soiling)

Marmaduke Mouse 34 - 3.0/3.5 (soiling b/c)

New Funnies 164 - 2.5/3.0

Paul Terry's Comics 101 - 3.0 (rust on staples. Also even though Mighty Mouse is on the cover, It doesn't have a Mighty Mouse story in it.)

Peter Rabbit 13 - 2.5 (1" spine split top, 1" tear f/c, book length crease 1" from open edge f/c)

Terrytoon Comics 86 - 1.0 (cover barely hanging on)

th_4Color276.jpgth_4Color549.jpgth_4Color740.jpgth_4Color853.jpgth_4Color1084.jpgth_AdventuresMightyMouse5.jpgth_DennisTheMenace6.jpgth_Egbert19.jpgth_LittleRoquefort4.jpgth_MGMsSpikeTyke5.jpgth_MarmadukeMouse34.jpgth_NewFunnies164.jpgth_PaulTerrysComics101.jpgth_PeterRabbit13.jpgth_TerrytoonComics86.jpg

Thanks Matthew! I think it's a nice cheap GA sampler.

If no one is interested in the whole lot by tomorrow, I will break it up. I have already promised all the Four Color comics to a board member if I do break up the lot.

The Dennis the Menace would probably do well on ebay if you decide to break up the group (thumbs u

Yeah, I was wondering about that one, especially since it's a precode book. I thought it might have some appeal because of that, even in the condition it's in. It was definitely fun to read. Dennis' parents seemed a bit on the mean side to me.

The Dennis the Menace would probably do well on ebay if you decide to break up the group (thumbs u

Yeah, I was wondering about that one, especially since it's a precode book. I thought it might have some appeal because of that, even in the condition it's in. It was definitely fun to read. Dennis' parents seemed a bit on the mean side to me.

Well in their defense, the kid is a bit of a menace and needs some tough love.