• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My favorite Kaluta cover!!

29 posts in this topic

This will probably seem self serving since I will be selling this in a couple of weeks but it is my absolute all time favorite kaluta cover so I had to share for those of you that have not seen it. The scan does not do the cover image justice - the intricacy of the detail is just spectacular in person. cloud9.gif

epic4.jpg

If I remember correctly...I believe he created that and tons of other great work while he was a member of "The Studio"...the compendium of 4 master artists which included himself, Barry Windsor Smith, Berni Wrightson and Jeff Jones...

They churned out some pretty awsome stuff ... thumbsup2.gif

If I remember correctly...I believe he created that and tons of other great work while he was a member of "The Studio"...the compendium of 4 master artists which included himself, Barry Windsor Smith, Berni Wrightson and Jeff Jones...

They churned out some pretty awsome stuff ... thumbsup2.gif

341996-studio.jpg

341996-studio.jpg.004554b6b7986f9e4e90c81776b94737.jpg

Is that book worth picking up for the $50+ I recall seeing it for on eBay? I've thought about buying one but don't eally want to if it's just going to have a bunch of crappy b/w photographs, etc.

Is that book worth picking up for the $50+ I recall seeing it for on eBay? I've thought about buying one but don't eally want to if it's just going to have a bunch of crappy b/w photographs, etc.

Sorry I missed responding to this earlier. The Studio book is excellent. It's got many color images- including basically all of the important pieces done during this period; neat photos of the studio itself and interesting text pieces that accompany each artist.

Minutekev,

There are actually seven reasons why! ooo.gif Each of the stories inside the mag is a different explanation as to how the hell there came to be a hot enormous woman astride a building! hi.gif

Frazetta

eerie81.jpg

Okay, Bronty answer the question...WHYis she on top of the Empire State Building? I'm intrigued.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's NOT the Empire State Building she's on, It's ...Oh my god!!

A better question might be, What size Batteries does that building take?!