• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales to Astonish #62 - 1st Leader

21 posts in this topic

:banana:

Coming back to me from CGC as a Universal 9.0 OWW!!

You got your CGC Christmas present early this year. If anyone sent me a book like this and called it a 9.0 I'd be returning it faster than The Flash on steroids could... Gift Grade IMHO.

You got your CGC Christmas present early this year. If anyone sent me a book like this and called it a 9.0 I'd be returning it faster than The Flash on steroids could... Gift Grade IMHO.

On form I grade you a "poor".

On form I grade you a "poor".

:applause: .5

I couldn't give a rats azz what you think of me. I can grade a book just fine thanks. CGC is being generous these days. Can't blame the submitter... Now go press something.....

Ummmmm, apparently not Mr. "7.0 Possible 7.5 In hand. IMHO." Apparently your opinion isn't worth shyte Professor Undergrader... fighting0030.gif

Aggiez. Please show me where ANYBODY guessed the grade of this book at 9.0 or better. The highest is 8.5. That is far away from a 9.4!!!! Actually the average of what the other boardies guessed is around 7.5!! The book is in a 9.4 slab. That doesn't mean much to me. I buy the book, not the slab. I'd pass on this book as a 9.4 If the truth were to be told. I would imagine a few others would also pass on this book.

CGC assign's there grade on a book. It's there opinion. IMHO that opinion is wrong in this case. Not the first time this has happened, wont be the last. I've seen quite a few book's posted on these boards in 8.0 slabs that look to be much, much better. Even Filters Hulk 181. It's a 9.0 Possible 9.2 sitting in a 8.0 slab. Like I said before, congrats. You got a gift grade, IMHO. Cant blame the submitter.. CGC got the grade wrong on this book, IMHO.

TheAvengers. 7.0-7.5

Limited66. 7.0

JerseyComicBoy. 7.5

Aces. 8.0+

Joeypost. 7.0

The Silver-Age. 8.5

All of these guy's must be professional under graders as well then.. :slapfight:

A 7.5 average is far away from the 9.4 The CGC gave this book!!

TFL, I kid. You're a fine grader and poster even is you do share you IMHO a little much.

I am certainly happy with the final result of this book...and it's a 9.0, not 9.4. Silver-Age was only 1 grade off. I'd do a few backflips if it came back as a 9.4...

I just got back a House of Mystery #115. I had it graded a 7.0-7.5. Out of eight books I submitted, all came back within .5 of what I had them at. This book came back 8.5. HUH. :screwy: I think it was way too generous, but...............it is what it is. Nice book by the way. :golfclap:

DRX