• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All I can say is... WOW

50 posts in this topic

I thought it was a fair price. Not too high and not too low.

It is a tough book and it is Hulk #2. A # 1 would run you ten times that in this grade.

R.

It is a tough book and it is Hulk #2. A # 1 would run you ten times that in this grade.

R.

It is a tough book, Roy - but $3600.+??? Do you seriously think that book warranted that kind of price? I dunno...I guess maybe I'm the crazy one. (shrug)

R.

It is a tough book, Roy - but $3600.+??? Do you seriously think that book warranted that kind of price? I dunno...I guess maybe I'm the crazy one. (shrug)

I did bid very high on that book and I lost. CGC grades were 9.0/8.0/8.0 for that one and the notes provided to me by CGC did look like it was at least a 8.5. Damn, I will wait a long time before finding again such a nice copy :cry:

R.

Rich I took a quick look at GPA. 9.0 sold last year for $5500 which I thought was a terrific price and a 7.5 sold for about $2000.

Then in my head I compared it to what other #2 Marvels in the same grade are going for.

JIM #84 CGC 8.0 anyone? I sold my copy for $2000 almost 3 years ago. Now it's at $2950 with time remaining.

FF #2 in 8.0 was a $3000 copy years ago.

Then I looked at how nice this copy presented...and it is a very nice copy. That alone will fetch top dollar.

I mushed it around in my head and thought mid to low $3000's is about right. Especially when you consider that #2 issues are usually tougher than #1's, the Hulk run has always been tough in high grade and that this is his first "green" appearance...minor key to some.

I think it's a fair price considering the $3K could have bought you a mid to late 1960's Marvel in 9.6/9.8

lol

Guest Grails

R.

Rich I took a quick look at GPA. 9.0 sold last year for $5500 which I thought was a terrific price and a 7.5 sold for about $2000.

Then in my head I compared it to what other #2 Marvels in the same grade are going for.

JIM #84 CGC 8.0 anyone? I sold my copy for $2000 almost 3 years ago. Now it's at $2950 with time remaining.

FF #2 in 8.0 was a $3000 copy years ago.

Then I looked at how nice this copy presented...and it is a very nice copy. That alone will fetch top dollar.

I mushed it around in my head and thought mid to low $3000's is about right. Especially when you consider that #2 issues are usually tougher than #1's, the Hulk run has always been tough in high grade and that this is his first "green" appearance...minor key to some.

I think it's a fair price considering the $3K could have bought you a mid to late 1960's Marvel in 9.6/9.8

lol

(thumbs u You beat me to it. Good points and a fair price. Only 18 copies higher on the census and this has got to be the best looking 8.0 ever.

You make a valid point, Roy. And I was all prepared to slab and sell my 6.0/6.5 copy.

Guess I'll have to hang on to it and forget about upgrading it. I better edit my sig.

You make a valid point, Roy. And I was all prepared to slab and sell my 6.0/6.5 copy.

Guess I'll have to hang on to it and forget about upgrading it. I better edit my sig.

Next time let me bid for you...

:baiting:

BTW, I do agree that the price is strong....but relative to everything else going on it fits right in.

(thumbs u