• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Batman 300 ..... and is it worth slabbing?

8 posts in this topic

Alot of the edges are cut off. Probably need a better scan...

actually none of the edges are cut off.

there is white space scanned on every edge

It's pretty darn close. Without getting all scientific, it's easier for the eye to distinguish features of the book and it's edges when you have some more space outside of the book for contrast. Anyways, I don't think this book looks really high grade enough to be worth slabbing, though I could be wrong. Of course, BC is crucial too so it's kind of a silly question, no offense. :sorry:

It's hard to grade when your scan is so large it magnifies every little detail and flaw.

To me the book looks like 8.0 becuase of corner wear. In my opinion I don't know why anyone would scan a .60 cover price comic. I would think there are so many high grades readily available I don't see much of a benefit. IMHO.

I don't know why anyone would scan a .60 cover price comic. I would think there are so many high grades readily available I don't see much of a benefit. IMHO.

It is not from the 60 cent era.

It is a giant size issue from the 30/35 cent era (with a 60 cent cover)

And there are not a whole lot of high grade slabs of this book out there.

If it was 9.4 it would be worth it, but to me it looks about 8.5

My fault. Yes, if it was a 9.4 or above maybe I would slab it.

But I would probably only do it with the intention to sell it.

I have a Batman #300 at VF+ that I got for $2 about 10 years ago.