• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle Forum Dinner - April 4th

80 posts in this topic

...not to be a bearer of bad tidings but I think the Cheesecake Factory is going to be near-impossible to get a group reservation on a Saturday night,...it's directly across the street from the convention center and even on a non event Sat night it's packed...I can suggest two places that would be much better...Fox Sports Grill on 1522 6th ave linkage ,...or Von's at 619 Pine st,... linkage ,...both within a two block radius of the con center and both have private rooms,...just my two cents as a Seattle resident... and also Cheescake Factory has a "No Serve 'Taard and Troll" policy,...Greggy would never get in,...

...not to be a bearer of bad tidings but I think the Cheesecake Factory is going to be near-impossible to get a group reservation on a Saturday night,...it's directly across the street from the convention center and even on a non event Sat night it's packed...I can suggest two places that would be much better...Fox Sports Grill on 1522 6th ave linkage ,...or Von's at 619 Pine st,... linkage ,...both within a two block radius of the con center and both have private rooms,...just my two cents as a Seattle resident... and also Cheescake Factory has a "No Serve 'Taard and Troll" policy,...Greggy would never get in,...
:cry:

:cry:

...just looking out for you bud,... :hi:

...I'm telling you Fox's Sport Grill would be 100% better,...they have private rooms in the basement ,...even if you get in Cheesecake Factory it would be so loud no one would be able to hear each other,.. 2c

...I'm telling you Fox's Sport Grill would be 100% better,...they have private rooms in the basement ,...even if you get in Cheesecake Factory it would be so loud no one would be able to hear each other,.. 2c

Thats more than true(at least in Portland).Went in on Sunday afternoon and waited 45 min.

Dennis

hm I'll bring this up with everyone tomorrow and we just may walk the extra block and a half. May be the better option - I generally consider grills noisy, as well, so if you think it would be quieter, then it'll be the best choice.

Dude. I watched Pulp Fiction. I am not falling for that.

Made it in one piece after a nice, but bit of a long drive. Met Borock today while set up was going on - pleasure finally meeting you Steve! (thumbs u Sory about my cruddy phone, Steve :blush:

Anyhow, after meeting Steve Borock and Bob Storms (a funny guy with a dry sense of humor - see, Bob, I told you I wasn't going to say I didn't like you lol ), I headed back to my sister's place and took her and my niece and nephew out to dinner at Red Robin and then we hit a movie...

Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. Now, the last time I saw a 3D movie was Jaws 3. My sister and I saw it and when the shark got blown to bits, it made my sister sick and she tossed her cookies. :sick: But I digress...

Anyhow, I remeber those blue and red lines for the 3D effect and remember being a kid picking up 3D glasses at a convenience store to watch kung-fu movies in 3D on television (anyone remember those?) - kind of cheese ball.

I wasn't expecting much for the 3D, but WOW it was excellent :headbang: If Star Wars in 3D is going to be anything close to this, I will have to make repeat trips to the movies like I did when the Empire Strikes Back came out when I was 9 or 10.

Anyhow, I'm working on my website and need to get back to it before I doze off from lack of lack of sleep. See you all tomorrow and hopefully we can figure out dinner. Looking forward to meeting you all there tomorrow :applause:

Dude. I watched Pulp Fiction. I am not falling for that.

...I didn't say my basement,...

wheres_waldo.jpg

Well, the first day of the convention has been fun. I'm dog tired running on 4 hours of sleep and handing out freebies for my new website website. The website is another story, and a work in progress, and I meant to post something about it last night for the boards, so my apologies - I'll post more about it later, but it is essentially an auction site for comics and related items only.

I met Borock last night, today I met John A III and his other half, JazzMan and his artistically talented daughter, but did not run into Worldsbestcomics (Steve) yet.

I have also been in the presence of the forum legend who was finally able to evade the border patrol and a run-in with Washington State's finest to make it to Seattle. :o Looks like I owe greggy cheesecake.

Jazzman, greggy and I hung out while greggy recounted his tale of escape from the Washington State Police. Jazzman showed me a sweet ASM book he bought (I'll let him tell you all about it). I got some books signed by Bob Layton (IM128) and some books signed by Dan Brereton (Nocturnals).

As for the convention, you wouldn't know we were in a recession with the number of people in attendance. Amazing. The ECCC added an additional 15,000 sq. ft. to their show floor and it was wall to wall people. Everyone was in a great mood, smiling, friendly, saying excuse me when people bumped into each other. It was just a cool day and I had a blast. More later with pictures...

Dinner last night was a lot of fun. I recommend the old-fashion burger from there. Had a lot of fun meeting and talking with people. Seems I have a line on some EVS OA from Steve now, so will be meeting up with him today. So with one day to go, this weekend has been great: great food, great company, and some really good comics.

Well, I made it home in one piece after driving last night straight from Seattle to home. :P I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting all the board members there :applause: I'll post more about the convention a little later tonight.

Boys and girls, I had a great time! It was a real pleasure meeting you all and having a nice dinner with the gang. I can't wait until next year! This time, I'll check for a place that takes reservations. :makepoint:

Royce, my frames have already gone to good use!

Boys and girls, I had a great time! It was a real pleasure meeting you all and having a nice dinner with the gang. I can't wait until next year! This time, I'll check for a place that takes reservations. :makepoint:

I was able to watch the first half of the UNC - Villanova game due to your failure so it's alright. <3

I was able to watch the first half of the UNC - Villanova game due to your failure so it's alright. <3

It was all planned around your schedule, actually. :whistle: