• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanning comics

28 posts in this topic

This is scanned in at 300dpi and I just resized the height to 800 pixels and kept the aspect ratio. Uploading to Photobucket gives you this.

Batman686SketchVariant.jpg

When I was scanning books among other items I always scan at 300dpi..then re-size in Photoshop. That way I preserve a HG file copy and a copy suitable for the net.

Now I shoot everything with a digital SLR mounted on professional copystand with remote shutter release....much faster and too me...represents the book and conditon much better...my 2c

I'm not very good with technology, but this was scanned at 200dpi and not resized when saving. File size is almost 2 megs and Photobucket automatically resizes it to this...

J212.jpg

The main problem with using Photobucket's resize function (instead of cropping, resizing & saving it yourself) is that you have no real control over the quality nor the file size of the finished image. This image, for instance, is about 500kb which I personally consider too big for a sales thread (if you had 10 images like this on a page, that's a pretty hefty 5MB download for the viewer).

But, then again, if you aren't using Photoshop, it's the easiest alternative.

I'm not very good with technology, but this was scanned at 200dpi and not resized when saving. File size is almost 2 megs and Photobucket automatically resizes it to this...

J212.jpg

The main problem with using Photobucket's resize function (instead of cropping, resizing & saving it yourself) is that you have no real control over the quality nor the file size of the finished image. This image, for instance, is about 500kb which I personally consider too big for a sales thread (if you had 10 images like this on a page, that's a pretty hefty 5MB download for the viewer).

But, then again, if you aren't using Photoshop, it's the easiest alternative.

The good thing about Photobucket for multiple listings in a sales thread is the clickable thumbnails, so that's one way round it for people who haven't got access to photo editing software.

Now I shoot everything with a digital SLR mounted on professional copystand with remote shutter release....much faster and too me...represents the book and conditon much better...my 2c

Can I see an example of this?