• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your Tampa Booty!!!

35 posts in this topic

Ok pervs, not that booty (ahhh pervs :cloud9: - opps never mind - you know who you are L)

For those who went to the Tampa Con today, what were your thoughts and what did you pick up?

First off, I want to thank the folks who picked up some books from my sales thread last week - its sole purpose was to fund my trip today! Without it, it would have been a taking your sister to the prom event. So again, thanks :golfclap:

Things have been a bit rough on me lately, so today was a tiny diversion that at least kept my mind busyish.

I didn't take any pics at the con, but here are my thoughts -

The new venue was fine - Trimpe said to me he liked it because it was well lit so there you go (thumbs u

I have to admit I like the other one a tad more because it is closer and a little more plush.

It seemed like a good showing as at times it was crowded going down the aisle - I would be interested if anyone set up, how you made out. It seemed like more browsing, but I could be dead wrong there.

There was a fine number of dealers and Crazy Ed was there - I steered clear, but did bend an ear when I heard him giving his speal to someone who didn't seem all the way there if you know what i mean - I think he had him up to $170 already and not sure if he consumated the purchase or not.

I only bought two books (well one since the other was given to me) and the one I paid for was a whopping $3.75. Most of what I saw seemed a bit over-priced and hope I am not offending anyone there.

And I only smelled one sweaty person all day :applause:

Oh well, time to show my booty -

Ok, first booty - Here is a Batman sketch that Giordano did for me. He was confused that I wanted it on a Fallen Son book - He looked at me and said "You want Batman on this?" I politely advised that I collect that sketch cover and have various characters on them. He then stated "Oh well, I guess Marvel will never know." and laughed - I think he liked the idea of defacing a Marvel book :insane:

FallenSon0001-1.jpg

Ok, first booty - Here is a Batman sketch that Giordano did for me. He was confused that I wanted it on a Fallen Son book - He looked at me and said "You want Batman on this?" I politely advised that I collect that sketch cover and have various characters on them. He then stated "Oh well, I guess Marvel will never know." and laughed - I think he liked the idea of defacing a Marvel book :insane:

FallenSon0001-1.jpg

:golfclap: That is a great portrait. Glad you talked him into it.

Ok, now for more Giordano Booty - (I know I know)

Basically, the show for me was all about signatures - I usually bring some old books that are not in the greatest shape and have them signed - kind of gussies them up a bit - first up is a Brave and the Bold - Giordano commented nostalgically that he hadn't seen that one in a very long time and leafed through it a bit - showed his (I assume) wife and recollected for a moment.

FallenSon0004.jpg

Now it is on to Herb Trimpe - I also asked him to sketch a Fallen Son for me and he created the following Wolverine throw back - I think Wolverine is drunk in this one!

FallenSon0002.jpg

Ok, I know the signed books may be a tad boring, but here are a few from Herb - I have had several signed by him in the past and he has always signed directly over the Hulk title - this time, his placement was a bit better - I know this book isn't a big value one, but love the cover and now the signature directly over Hulk's little trimpe

FallenSon0005.jpg

Ya, he was totally nice - his wife and son (?) helped him a bit, but he signed a bunch for me - loved the confusion over Batman on a Cap book - his son helped me clear up the reasoning-

Ok Ok here it comes wait for it here it comes HULK #181 signed by Herb Trimpe! I know can you believe it! oh wait it is the Wizard version :sorry: but it will do for now because wait til you see what is next!

FallenSon0006.jpg

Ok so here it is an original repo by Herb of #181 personalized to me! and if you don't tell anyone it is a copy made on regular paper I won't either - since I am newly on the market, this is so gonna help me pic up chicks - oh wait I am married damn doh!-

the best part of the deal is the flash bulb glare didn't cost extra!

DSC02323.jpg

So, this show turned out to be more of a buy prints and have signed deal - I like to inexpensively (read cheaply) decorate my comic room.

This one is from Pablo Marcos - she reminds me of a girl I know - wait married again never mind :angel:

DSC02335-1.jpg

Ok, this one is real - Austin Janowsky (just inked Iron Man the End) stopped by a yard sale my family was having and I worked a trade with him for some books I had out. He did this at the show today - so at least one of the 11x17s is an original! psst I think Iron Man is high beaming - perv again :cloud9:

DSC02330.jpg

lets see, what else - I had a few books signed by Pablo Marcos and several silver age Hulk by Herb, but I will spare you - ok here is one - I picked this book up on discount at Borders or Barnes and Noble somewhere - It is a really well done book about the Women of DC - Since it was laying around the house, I figured I would use it as kind of an autograph book (regardless if the artist has worked on DC) just something to bring along and have a bunch of artists sign - I kind of look forward to bringing this one with me to the next show and continue collecting the signatures.

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

and finally the one lone book I purchased an ASM Obama volume two for a whopping $3.75 - couldn't resist also the free Iron Man #182 - I pick this book up whenever I can as many people in my life have been afflicted with alcoholism and it just reminds me of the sacrifices I have made

DSC02340.jpg

Ok, you twisted my arm - here are the other Hulks that I had signed - so thats about it! Hopefully some other folks will show their pick-ups off I go to the sig forum to post the Fallen Sons -

DSC02337.jpg