• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Sigs and then some

27 posts in this topic

These were signed during the Big Apple Con National 11/14-11/15/08 and Desertwind's Stan Lee Signing 12/1/08

Avengers Annual #10 9.4

Signed By Micheal Golden, John Romita Sr., Jim Shooter, Chris Claremont and Stan Lee

AvengersAnnual1094.jpg

Iron Fist #1 8.0

Singed by Roy Thomas, Chris Claremont and Stan Lee

IronFist180.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #266 9.0

Signed by Jim Shooter, Chris Claremont and Stan Lee

UncannyX-Men26690.jpg

These were signed also during the Big Apple Con National

Brave and The Bold #79 4.5

Signed by Neal Adams

BraveTheBold7945.jpg

Punisher Vol. 1 #1

Signed by John Romita Sr.

PunisherVol1194.jpg

Aside from people taking swipes as to why you put sigs on some books.........I think you have a great thread! and some great books!

My advice for you is next time if you are going to get stan lee on your books make sure they are uber high grade! nonetheless I am a fan of that Iron Fist 1......and that Punisher 1. I think it looks HOT with Romita's sig on it. He is a Marvel Legendary artist! ............Just next time try to get that book in 9.8.....I know how big a punisher fan you are, so take the time to find the PERFECT sig contenders.....(I can totally picture you trying to upgrade that Punisher 1 in the future)

Aside from people taking swipes as to why you put sigs on some books.........I think you have a great thread! and some great books!

My advice for you is next time if you are going to get stan lee on your books make sure they are uber high grade! nonetheless I am a fan of that Iron Fist 1......and that Punisher 1. I think it looks HOT with Romita's sig on it. He is a Marvel Legendary artist! ............Just next time try to get that book in 9.8.....I know how big a punisher fan you are, so take the time to find the PERFECT sig contenders.....(I can totally picture you trying to upgrade that Punisher 1 in the future)

Hardly a swipe NY; in fact, it was politely asked question and I think the OP responded in kind. No need to stoke the fires of drama amigo, we have enough of that here as is ;)

the first post was not a swipe amigo ;)

then the OP responded.

it was the second one that got me ;)

No drama here amigo........if you dont have anything nice to say about a book sometimes dont say anything at all ;)

to me it is the same thing when people go out of their way to tell me not to get sketches on WTC covers...............

I dont need to hear that YOU dont think I should get a sketch on a cover.....just cause it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I know JRSR did the CA for 129 and some creative contributions to the other character, I just didn't think he had anything directly related to do with either. Gotcha ;)

Sean,

Was this the one that got to you? He wasn't saying that the connection wasn't there and that Cavan shouldn't have gotten the sig. He was giving the details of what he knew about the relationship between the character and the signer. After Cavan's explanation, Forrest now knows of the connection and (I'm assuming by the "gotcha") approves...not that anyone here need to approve it.

I think this was just a misinterpretation of the post.

And for the record, I happen to think sketches on WTC covers look stunning when done right. I imagine any Venom sketch (due to the black cover) or Spidey swinging high over the city with silver-sharpie raindrops (befitting the mood of the book) would be, as the title implies, amazing! Just spitballin' some ideas here. (thumbs u

I'd say we should hug it out, but I don't think it went very far here.

-Adam

Yeah, I know JRSR did the CA for 129 and some creative contributions to the other character, I just didn't think he had anything directly related to do with either. Gotcha ;)

Sean,

Was this the one that got to you? He wasn't saying that the connection wasn't there and that Cavan shouldn't have gotten the sig. He was giving the details of what he knew about the relationship between the character and the signer. After Cavan's explanation, Forrest now knows of the connection and (I'm assuming by the "gotcha") approves...not that anyone here need to approve it.

I think this was just a misinterpretation of the post.

And for the record, I happen to think sketches on WTC covers look stunning when done right. I imagine any Venom sketch (due to the black cover) or Spidey swinging high over the city with silver-sharpie raindrops (befitting the mood of the book) would be, as the title implies, amazing! Just spitballin' some ideas here. (thumbs u

I'd say we should hug it out, but I don't think it went very far here.

-Adam

Nail on the head--thanks Adam! Sean, you and I don't know each other which is why you probably misinterpreted my remarks. However, Adam and I chat on a regular basis so he (along with many others on the board) know I've never been a thread crapper. And I never said anything about what you should and should not get sketched or signed, those are your words, not mine so please don't put words in my mouth, okay?

Simple misunderstanding, so let's keep things friendly (akak no drama), okay? :foryou:

to me it is the same thing when people go out of their way to tell me not to get sketches on WTC covers...............

I dont need to hear that YOU dont think I should get a sketch on a cover.....just cause it doesn't make sense.

You rang?

I agree it's about as bad as telling people what grade books they should have signed. Oh. Wait....

My advice for you is next time if you are going to get stan lee on your books make sure they are uber high grade! ............Just next time try to get that book in 9.8.....I know how big a punisher fan you are, so take the time to find the PERFECT sig contenders.....(I can totally picture you trying to upgrade that Punisher 1 in the future)
Oops.

You rang?

I agree it's about as bad as telling people what grade books they should have signed. Oh. Wait....

My advice for you is next time if you are going to get stan lee on your books make sure they are uber high grade! ............Just next time try to get that book in 9.8.....I know how big a punisher fan you are, so take the time to find the PERFECT sig contenders.....(I can totally picture you trying to upgrade that Punisher 1 in the future)
Oops.

oh you again.............. :)

Yeah, this poster is a longtime friend of mine who I got interested in SS books to begin with. So I am absolutely certain that he ALWAYS wants to hear my advice.

Take Care! No flame war for you today :)

I got my slabs in from the NYCC

Punisher War Journal Vol.2 #7 9.6

Signed by John Romita Sr., Matt Fraction and Ariel Olivetti

PunisherWarJournalvol2796.jpg

Punisher War Journal Vol.2 #1 9.6

Signed and "skull sketched" by John Romita Sr., Matt Fraction and Ariel Olivetti

PunisherWarJournalvol2196.jpg